Norwich City’s Aidan Fitzpatrick bid turned down by Partick Thistle

Bobbyhouston

Likewise, really hope he stays at least another season. 

I wonder at what point we would cash in though, half a million plus sell on clause?

i would personally rather we got more up front and a smaller sell on %. He is still at an age he could get lost in the reserves and come back up the road for nothing much like SoD and Jack Hendry etc. 

Knocked back £400,000 in January. Strange they come back with a low-ball offer.

Let's hope the club have developed a poker face...

Being signed for their u23 squad so I don't think there would be any loanback at this stage?

6 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Knocked back £400,000 in January. Strange they come back with a low-ball offer.

Let's hope the club have developed a poker face...

Being signed for their u23 squad so I don't think there would be any loanback at this stage?

I got the impression the £400k was where the January deal could potentially get to, whereas I get the impression the £300k is more up front.

Mind you, in terms of value, does he have more or less value to the club since January, With a manager who prefers a shape that doesn't suit Fitzy, how valuable is he to Partick Thistle if he is only going to be a bit part player.

ETA : I think he is a brilliant wee talent, but can understand why others may sense an opportunity if his playing time is limited with us

Edited by jaf

Just hope he gets a game this season if he is staying. Few glimpses that he could be a good attacking player but GC doesn't seem to want to expose him which I don't get at all.

3 hours ago, jaf said:

Mind you, in terms of value, does he have more or less value to the club since January, With a manager who prefers a shape that doesn't suit Fitzy, how valuable is he to Partick Thistle if he is only going to be a bit part player.

ETA : I think he is a brilliant wee talent, but can understand why others may sense an opportunity if his playing time is limited with us

This would be my worry as you can say the same thing re Cardle, who is unlikely to start under the preferred shape. So Fitzpatrick might well not even be first choice sub. One crumb of hope tho' would be if he's considerably stronger now than last season Aiden could play the "Storey" role. Miles was started ad nauseam last term so a stronger Fitzpatrick could possibly get a regular start. That would also make Aiden that bit more versatile player than Cardle. Lots and ifs and buts.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times; from who and when?

No idea but I think any transfer of six figures can be massaged into a possible £1m with unlikely to achieve add ons. From the snippets in the press there doesn't exactly seem to be a bidding war for the lad. We'd be daft to let him go till at least a couple of clubs are after him.

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

No idea but I think any transfer of six figures can be massaged into a possible £1m with unlikely to achieve add ons. From the snippets in the press there doesn't exactly seem to be a bidding war for the lad. We'd be daft to let him go till at least a couple of clubs are after him.

The ugly sisters have their beady eyes on him too...