Miller signs

marco77

1 hour ago, West of Scotland said:

F**k Kenny Miller and Caldwell too for replacing club legends for the epitome of a mercenary who will only be here to pick up a wage.

And Doolan wasn’t here to pick up a wage either or did he work for free?

i would guess Doolan was on a decent wage and last season we were getting nowhere near value for money from him

whether we will from miller remains to be seen

Edited by Third Lanark

21 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Time will tell. McDonald was a pleasant surprise (even if he was  the exception rather than the rule) but this is the sort of signing that must demoralise young players trying to make their way in the game.

We only have 1 young striker signed who most likely is pleased for a couple of things - first he learned from McDonald so May think he can learn from miller second mansell currently is the only striker signed he maybe relieved that there is another striker signed for him to work with 

Edited by Third Lanark

This is not the signing I was hoping for, but perhaps KM can do a job for the first half of the season, and maybe also help Mansell?  I only hope we can find the 15 goals a season striker we need between now and the winter window …. mind you that is a big, big ask!!

I worry now that his attitude may upset the good team spirit that appears to exist currently within the dressing room. His cantankerous nature is not something I was aware of until it was commented on a few months ago on this forum, I only hope his poor attitude was overstated.

Last week I was really looking forward to the start of the season ….

4 minutes ago, Paddy Thistle said:

I have always like Kenny Miller as a player will always burst a gut for the team , that attitude has never changed with him , I think he will be good for the Likes of Mansell who will benefit from his experience 

Exactly, the guy is a winner. He might gurn when things don't go his way but he gets on with things.

Some of the baseless comments on his character are bizarre. You don't score nearly 300 goals over 800 games by having a bad attitude.

Over 60 caps and 18 goals for the national team too.

Also jibes about his age from folk who couldn't run for the bus in all likelihood are quite frankly laughable.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Don't believe everything you read on here

^^^ this (in spades) :lol:

'Cantankerous Nature' sums up at lot of the old guard on here. Maybe they were just mirroring their outlook? :hypocrite:

I remember seeing Frank Worthington playing as a striker aged 40, he was still an excellent player and prolific goal scorer. Don't write someone off just because of their age.

Kenny Miller is a quality player. Has he a bad attitude? I don't know, but I doubt it. He might get frustrated, not be prepared to suffer fools etc,. We shall just have to wait and see.

He should be applauded for keeping himself fit enough to be playing into his 40's. I would be more concerned with signing a waster of a player aged 30 who was blowing out his arse and dragging the whole thing down. Miller, will not only be able to show the younger players a thing or two, he should also be able to inspire a few of the older players, who are starting to believe that they're automatically washed up as they hit 30.

Nevertheless, if we end up with a Dad's Army squad, that's a different matter, but I don't see any problem with having a few well motivated, fit, quality older players thrown into the mix.

I consider it to be a good reflection on the club that he came to us giving up (possible) Premier League wages at Dens. He must see something about us that makes him want to play the final chapter of his career at Firhill.  Maybe he thinks Dundee’s ship is sinking faster than ours but nonetheless, every professional player wants to go out on a high and he thinks he can do this at Thistle.

I don’t know what kind of relationship he has with GC but I don’t buy into old pals act theories.  These are two professionals who will want to do the best they can.

I see value in him coming to Firhill.  His age concerns me slightly but I imagine his appointment will be as much off field related as it is on field.

Welcome to the club Kenny and good luck!

• Like 1

Don’t really care about how many goals he scores or whether Doolan scores more. If he helps the team finish top 4 then it will have been a success. Good signing in my opinion. Given he’s moving down a league im in no doubt he will perform well for us.

• Like 1

Will Kenny Miller be a success? Only time will tell.  What is tiring is the moaning about not offering Doolan a contract at 32 and signing Miller at 39.  Doolan was not released because of his age.  He was released because he couldn’t do what our manager wants him to do.  Will he score goals for Ayr? He will probably score most of his goals against us if Football history tells us anything.  Will we finish above Ayr despite this? I think so.  Miller has a track record of doing what our manager wants.  From what I have read (admittedly could be fake news) Miller has always looked after himself really well.  Let’s look at the positives.

2 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Time will tell. McDonald was a pleasant surprise (even if he was  the exception rather than the rule) but this is the sort of signing that must demoralise young players trying to make their way in the game.

Funnily enough I thought he would be helping Mansell and Fitzpatrick to develop 

• Like 1

Welcome to Firhill Kenny ! 

I can't believe the negativity of some fans on this forum. 

He may be getting on in years but has kept himself at a good fitness level.

I think he'll do a similar job to Scott McDonald , i.e.,  having the experience to nick us goals here and there and coaching our youngsters.

Things brewing nicely for the new season.  Mon' Jags!

Cannot believe people can compare Miller to either Doolan or McDonald in terms of fitness, commitment, goalscoring ability, and every other effing thing.

Let's bring in any ******** mercenaries so long as we finish top four, though, even if it means we're nothing but an Old Firm retirement home living from season to season.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Don't believe everything you read on here

I don't believe much of what is written here as being worth considering as fact, as it is way too subjective to have real accuracy, but when I suggested a few months ago the KM might be worth a punt there was more than a few comments that seemed to indicate the guy was 'a problem'.

As I said before, I hope the comments were just overstatements and he goes on to be a good signing.