Miller signs

marco77

28 minutes ago, allyo said:

I think McDonald was transformational (oops that word) for us last season. So it's a high bar to be compared against. I personally wouldn't see Miller's impact as so significant. At least so far.

However judged against any normal standards he's been an excellent signing. If any other player without the big reputation came in and scored this many goals we'd be absolutely raving about them.

Absolutely, I think miller is now up to 7 in about 11 games roughly, correct me I’m wrong. That’s a pretty impressive start to the season can’t imagine many have scored 7 this season already in the championship bar the obvious offenders.

• Like 1

Not really. McNamara signed Craig and then Archie signed Taylor. It's the gap between that and McDonald that cost us. What we really need is other members of the playing squad to start contributing in numbers. Goals were pretty evenly spread between forwards, midfielders and defenders the season we won the league, iirc.

Edited by Dark Passenger

15 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Not really. McNamara signed Craig and then Archie signed Taylor. It's the gap between that and McDonald that cost us. What we really need is other members of the playing squad to start contributing in numbers. Goals were pretty evenly spread between forwards, midfielders and defenders the season we won the league, iirc.

Lawless, Erskine & Balatoni conributed circa 30 league goals.

6 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I think a certain Kris Doolan might have scored a goal or two for us as well.

Miller has scored 3 league goals and Doolan 1.....3 Ayr players have scored more goals than Doolan.... Ayr have been a better team than us 

we all love  Doolan but his goal scoring record in recent Seasons has been poor 

10 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Miller has scored 3 league goals and Doolan 1.....3 Ayr players have scored more goals than Doolan.... Ayr have been a better team than us 

Yes we all love Dools, but how many minutes has he had on the park for Ayr so far this season?

Miller can score for fun (and I hope he continues to do so btw) but he is not Kris Doolan.

They are different players. Irrespective of your view, Kris Doolan did not deserve to be thrown in the trash the way he was.

He'll be back and dealt with properly by Ian McCall, of that I am certain.

Edited by Barney Rubble

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

The discussion was about strikers Thistle have had in the past and nobody had mentioned Doolan.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Eh you did !

Yes because nobody else had. Really don't get your point. The Doolan of the last couple of seasons was not the same as the Doolan of his 8 seasons or so beforehand,but he wasn't the only one to have poor season/s

Edited by Auld Jag

On 9/29/2019 at 11:48 AM, Dark Passenger said:

Seven in 14.

That's league and cups.

Four in the cups, three in the league.

One against higher opposition, three against lower opposition and three against our peers.

7 in 14 when we've been playing decent football for 20 out of 90 mins. 

Carry on at this rate and he'll score 18+ in the league.  If we can play for 60 out of the 90 that should climb to 54+

Football, it's all about the stats.

I don't know about the stats actually, I'm just delighted he's here and scoring for fun.

(but why did we miss out on Shankland on a free??? - here's what you could have won...)