Miller signs

marco77

47 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I really don’t get this hatred of Old Firm players coming here - usually wrapped up in terms like wage thief, mercenary, retirement home. I don’t remember this kind of terminology when we signed Anderson(albeit on loan) or Bell.

This is an good point. If they do a job why care where they played before.

As a kid I remember colin Jackson signing for us. He had long grey hair and as a youngster I thought he looked ancient. I remember him as being solid as anyone else I'd seen, bar a certain Mr Campbell.

We also signed Alex o'hara from " them", memory might be faded but he was a good player and saving the best for last, Kenny Watson who was my teenage hero. A colossus of a man when all those around him looked like they had never seen a footbal before, I lost count the number if times have saved us. 

If we sign another young striker then I can see the benefit of having Kenny Miller. That youngster and Mansell could learn a lot from Miller's experience. On the other hand if we only bring in a loan player, who we haven't a hope of signing, then this is a shambles. And I had been hoping that we could get someone like Rudden or similar quality in on loan.

35 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

This is an good point. If they do a job why care where they played before.

As a kid I remember colin Jackson signing for us. He had long grey hair and as a youngster I thought he looked ancient. I remember him as being solid as anyone else I'd seen, bar a certain Mr Campbell.

We also signed Alex o'hara from " them", memory might be faded but he was a good player and saving the best for last, Kenny Watson who was my teenage hero. A colossus of a man when all those around him looked like they had never seen a footbal before, I lost count the number if times have saved us. 

+ Billy Richie and George Niven

58 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

You're right. I will hang fire on renewing my season ticket and see how Miller and Thistle perform.

If you're going to hang fire on buying a season ticket because you don't like a signing who may or may not be good for us then that's totally up to you.

But are you suggesting that the club shouldn't sign him because you don't think he'll be good?

Just now, allyo said:

If you're going to hang fire on buying a season ticket because you don't like a signing who may or may not be good for us then that's totally up to you.

But are you suggesting that the club shouldn't sign him because you don't think he'll be good?

A very conditional type of fan though 

16 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Doolan will outscore Kenny Miller next season, the laboured system that Caldwell prefers makes it difficult for any forward to get a good goal return, Caldwell plays with very little width and obviously favours 5 -3 - 2  with the wing backs providing the ammunition.

Not sure we’ll score a lot of goals with that system.

This the same system that McDonald 7 goals in 13 games? Caldwell also likes to use a 4-2-3-1 kind of formation with wingers ( Cardle and Fitzpatrick) so I think we will use both through out the season.

Edited by That 1 jags fan

45 minutes ago, That 1 jags fan said:

This the same system that McDonald 7 goals in 13 games? Caldwell also likes to use a 4-2-3-1 kind of formation with wingers ( Cardle and Fitzpatrick) so I think we will use both through out the season.

It's certainly not his default formation and the two of the full backs/wingbacks he's signed, who are not the greatest defensively, supports his favoured set up of using a back three. I do agree that he has to be looking at a formation that allows both Cardle & Fitzpatrick to get a start often enough so we'll just have to wait and see.

Welcome Kenny. I liked your interview on Jagzone and I like what I hear from you in your frequent Sportsound contributions. The fires are still burning bright and I can give quite a few examples of sportsmen who go on successfully much longer than average. I think you labour  the point, and it is a good one, that your ideas align well the manager's, too.

Go for it! And I hope you enjoy your time at Firhill because the club needs all the geeing up that people can give it.