Current squad

Dark Passenger

From the Daily Record website:

"Norwich City have finally thrashed out a £350,000 plus deal to sign Aidan Fitzpatrick from Partick Thistle.

The talented 18-year-old was given permission to travel south.

The Scotland youth international is set for talks and a medical in East Anglia.

The playmaker – who was attracting the interest of both Celtic and Rangers – has been the subject of multiple bids from the Canaries over the last two windows.

They look to have finally got their Firhill target after they tabled an improved deal with substantial sell-ons and add-ons.

Jags boss Gary Caldwell will hope it will give him additional funds to push for promotion from the Championship.

Fitzpatrick is likely to go into the Canaries under-23 side in the first instance, alongside Scotland youth keeper Archie Mair who they signed from Aberdeen earlier in the window.

The Carrow Road outfit also have Scottish international Kenny McLean who is a significant member of the team that won the Championship."

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Where did you see this link.

if he is injury free would be a very good signing 

No link. Someone I know saw the team training.

I agree.  He's played first team football since a very young age and I'm sure he has had more than one bad injury. However, if he can stay injury free, I think he could be an excellent signing. If we sign him!

• Like 1

The rumours were that Fyvie 's injuries have put him beyond the  level where he can play full time professional football and he was planning on going part-time with Cove and taking up a job in the "real world".

What is absolutely true is he was training with Dundee last week (pictures on their official social media confirmed this)-whether that was just as a favour or whether they were looking at him and have decided "no" I don't know.

9 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

From the Daily Record website:

"Norwich City have finally thrashed out a £350,000 plus deal to sign Aidan Fitzpatrick from Partick Thistle.

The talented 18-year-old was given permission to travel south.

The Scotland youth international is set for talks and a medical in East Anglia.

The playmaker – who was attracting the interest of both Celtic and Rangers – has been the subject of multiple bids from the Canaries over the last two windows.

They look to have finally got their Firhill target after they tabled an improved deal with substantial sell-ons and add-ons.

Jags boss Gary Caldwell will hope it will give him additional funds to push for promotion from the Championship.

Fitzpatrick is likely to go into the Canaries under-23 side in the first instance, alongside Scotland youth keeper Archie Mair who they signed from Aberdeen earlier in the window.

The Carrow Road outfit also have Scottish international Kenny McLean who is a significant member of the team that won the Championship."

Surely playing him in a potential championship winning team is better development than sticking him in their under 23’s

i would imagine that Fitzy would of preferred that also.

we should of demanded an immediate loan back as part of the deal.

poor again from us I feel as his style will be hard to replace

3 hours ago, Paukea said:

Surely playing him in a potential championship winning team is better development than sticking him in their under 23’s

i would imagine that Fitzy would of preferred that also.

we should of demanded an immediate loan back as part of the deal.

poor again from us I feel as his style will be hard to replace

But he was spending a  lot of time on bench and 352 doesn't suit him, and so perhaps he would rather be playing games (even at under 23 level)  than bench warming for us?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaf said:

But he was spending a  lot of time on bench and 352 doesn't suit him, and so perhaps he would rather be playing games (even at under 23 level)  than bench warming for us?

Maybe he didn’t want to play for Caldwell ?

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Maybe he didn’t want to play for Caldwell ?

Or maybe  Norwich didn;t want to loan him back.

Or maybe Aidan wanted to make a clean break.

Or maybe Norwich set up is better than Thistle's and Aiden wanted to be a part of that with the chance of EPL football sooner rather than later.

Or maybe Thistle couldn't afford to pay the balance between what Aiden would get at Norwich and Thistle if he came back on loan.

Or maybe one of dozens of different reasons.

Naw ,,,,,,, it's got to be Caldwell's fault!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, scotty said:

Or maybe Norwich set up is better than Thistle's and Aiden wanted to be a part of that with the chance of EPL football sooner rather than later.

Or maybe Thistle couldn't afford to pay the balance between what Aiden would get at Norwich and Thistle if he came back on loan.

Norwich want to put him straight into their under 23 team .... it’s got nothing to do with Caldwell 

56 minutes ago, scotty said:

Aiden was under contract, therefore surely our Club should call the shots , Aberdeen did a deal to get Kenny McLean loaned back from Norwich , no idea why we couldn’t have done the same .

Similarly , not sure playing u23 football is going to help his development, said the same thing about Billy Gilmour going to Chelsea , surely at their ages it’s better to develop playing first team football, like McCarthy and McCarthur did at Hamilton playing 100 first team games .

In terms of development and coaching if he improves with us , surely he’s worth a lot more in a years time financially and also helping the first team . He was contracted to May 2021

Edited by jlsarmy

16 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Yes indeed. Especially useful if you are writing a limerick and need a rhyme for Buchlyvie.

Have had this limerick in draft form for years and I have finally been able to complete it. Surely he has to sign now:

There once was a young man from Buchlyvie

Whose house was covered in ivy

He found it cathartic

To score for the Partick

Thistle legend Fraser Fyvie!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Have had this limerick in draft form for years and I have finally been able to complete it. Surely he has to sign now:

There once was a young man from Buchlyvie

Whose house was covered in ivy

He found it cathartic

To score for the Partick

Thistle legend Fraser Fyvie!

Who needs Robert Burns. We have PTD.:worship:

Right, what shall we do with the £350k from Lindsay transfer and the £350k from the Fitzpatrick deal. Mmmmm. Wonder if there are any slow, ageing, Dutch, ex Celtic defenders out there that could be signed for an over inflated wage whilst not even being good enough for our level. Sure GC can source another of his old mates for us. :thinking: 

• Like 1