They scored for us...and against us

partickthedog

Exchanging Kris Doolan for Kenny Miller means that there will likely be 2 new inductees to the elite club of those who have scored both for and against Thistle in competitive action (I am leaving out own goals).

Just off the top of my head and limiting myself to half a dozen (in alphabetical order), I can think of the following, all of whom emerged with a healthy positive balance. ie they scored a lot more for us than against us:

Graeme Dorrans

Martin Hardie

Gary Harkins

Scott MacDonald

Aaron Muirhead

Mark Roberts

I am sure that forum users can think of many more to add to that "positive" list.

What I am trying to work out in my memory is as to whether there is anybody who has scored in both directions and emerged with a negative balance. The following spring to mind who have scored a handful each way, but I am not sure of the final outcome. Perhaps a statto can help:

Steven Anderson

Joe Cardle

Pat Keogh

Hopefully Kenny Miller will soon move into the positive camp. Surely it would be impossible for Kris Doolan to move into the negative camp, unless he scores them 10 at a time in every game against us over the next several seasons??

Alex Forsyth - scored for us (usually penalties) - scored o.g for us when playing for Glasgow Rangers in a 3-3 Glasgow cup match - scored against us for Hamilton in Nov 1984 - last 6 mins at Douglas Park (1-0 to them) - the only opposition goal I have ever approved of against us - aside from Hansen (A) he was the best player I have ever seen in a Thistle jersey.

Edited by JeanieD
cant spell .........

3 hours ago, jaf said:

Paul McGrillen?  Toastie? 

Would Toastie be the only one to score both ways in the same season? In our second  promotion season under Lambie, Toastie scored against us for St Mirren in the opening League game. He scored a handful for us towards the end of the season, including the vital equaliser away to Airdrie (which caused one of our fans to fall over a gate!).

• Like 1