Scott Fox Signs

6 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

On official site now. Good signing we couldn’t have only gone with Sneddon and an under 18 keeper. Fox great experience and provides good competition 

Things are looking better and better, I think we are just a few signings away from having a very good team. If we can start the season well and get the confidence / momentum / 'gallus factor' up, I can see us being top half of the league for the whole season …. that would be so preferable to the situation we had last season.

If you forget about how he left us and just at his goalkeeping record, you would take him. Championship winner twice and decent amount of Premiership experience. If Sneddon is good enough, he'll play anyway, but two decent keepers competing can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

County let in the fewest balls from crosses so I'm not too concerned on that front. 

Played every game in winning the title and would be playing in the Premiership next season if he didn't want to move back nearer home.

I can't think of a better keeper we could have signed at this level to challenge Sneddon for the #1 jersey.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Meh. A goalkeeper who is easily beaten at his post, suspect at cross balls and long shots! Otherwise not a bad signing?

Fox would have been County’s first choice keeper in the Premier League had he chosen to stay there, so to refer to this signing as is nonsense.

• Haha 1

This is a huge kick in the nuts for Snedden who was excellent once he secured his place.

I assume Fox has improved since he left because we conceded barrowloads from simple cross balls and I was delighted when he left to further his international prospects.

Perhaps he’s ironed out these problems and will win some caps now.

As for Snedden, I hope he sticks around but he ain’t much use to us warming the bench.

A good 'keeper with experience who has won this division twice. I'd nonetheless like to see Sneddon start the season between the sticks, as he's the man in possession and he acquitted himself very well towards the end of last season, but this will definitely keep him on his toes. I actually can't think of a better, realistic signing, in terms of providing Sneddon with serious competition and also someone from which he can learn.

• Like 2

Great signing having someone like Fox to step in if Sneddon has a wee injury or dip In form is brilliant. 

Won this leauge twice and spent most of his time in the premier league as no.1 for County, so has really good experience. 

Neither player will be happy on the bench so Its nice we have a proper challenge for number one, don't really remember the last time we had 2 keepers fighting to be number 1.