Fixures date change

Auld Jag

Just now, elevenone said:

Away to Arbroath on a Friday night?  Awful decision.  Reckon all attendances for these 3 fixtures will now be much lower than the original dates.

Agree. Dundee fans having to travel to Glasgow for 7-05 on a Friday and likewise for our fans going to Arbroath. Once again common sense and Scottish football authorities , words never used in the same sentence.

• Like 1

The only Friday games we should agree to partake in this season would be against Morton … simply put we can get down and back to Greenock quite easily, and the Ton supporters can get up to Glasgow and back home with few problems.

Dundee United supporters through to Glasgow on a Friday night? … say 4 busses maximum?

How many will travel to Arbroath on Friday the 13th?

1 hour ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

The only Friday games we should agree to partake in this season would be against Morton … simply put we can get down and back to Greenock quite easily, and the Ton supporters can get up to Glasgow and back home with few problems.

Dundee United supporters through to Glasgow on a Friday night? … say 4 busses maximum?

How many will travel to Arbroath on Friday the 13th?

I'm sure I was at a Thistle - Dundee United game a few seasons ago on a Friday night and they filled the away stand.

Was 0-0 and we played really well.

Just now, CotterJag said:

I'm sure I was at a Thistle - Dundee United game a few seasons ago on a Friday night and they filled the away stand.

Our first game back in the Premier league and the first game in the new SPFL Premier league.

9 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

First game of the 2013/14 season, first SPFL fixture. Robbed of 2 clear penalties by Craig Thomson, no surprise there. Andy Robertson was a stand out. Played Hearts 2 weeks later in another excellent Friday night match

56 minutes ago, Jago1953 said:

Can’t think of any live TV games where we’ve won. Anyone have any info of live TV games where we’ve won?

We slaughtered St Mirren live on tv the season we got relegated.

did we not win in Inverness live on TV ( the famous disallowed goal from the taken/not taken corner)

Edited by ClydebankJag

9 hours ago, CotterJag said:

10 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It's the 7.05 KO that ****s everything up for so many supporters. As usual we can all thank Mr Doncaster.

As L-I-B said.

10 hours ago, CotterJag said:

We will see how many they bring next month, but you miss my point …. if you have Friday games, make them easily commutable for both the home and away support given a 19.00 KO.

8 hours ago, ClydebankJag said:

We slaughtered St Mirren live on tv the season we got relegated.

did we not win in Inverness live on TV ( the famous disallowed goal from the taken/not taken corner)

You're right about Inverness CJ.

Beat Livingston on penalties in the cup about 11 seasons ago.

Looking at the fixtures which have been changed and to be fair to the SPFL, there's probably only one or two which could have worked out better had it been done differently.  The question has to be asked, if the money the league gets from BBC Scotland is more than the individual clubs lose out on gate money? I take it the fee is spread out accross the divisions and not just paid to the Championship clubs. So the answer to that could be no.

I like a Friday night game.  Summer so pleasant weather even if it rains!  Straight from work, drink, something to eat then game  I can bring a couple neutral mates out with me and it fits in better with my family life.  We all have young kids so having a whole Saturday afternoon away is not fair on them or wives.