Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
east end jag

Evening with Gary Caldwell

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

More Republic of Maryhill spin from Chairman Lowe.

What do you think the purpose of the spin this time is. Surely it can’t just be about communicating with the fans ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

More Republic of Maryhill spin from Chairman Lowe.

It's an evening with Caldwell....not Low. Last one went well so seems like a positive move.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

More Republic of Maryhill spin from Chairman Lowe.

Jeez do you ever say anything positive?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

"Gary Caldwell to give every Jags fan £10 out of his own pocket."

"How come it's not £20?"

An ex employee told me that is nothing more than  JLow spin or a Nigerian Scam so I’ll not be providing my account details or renewing my season ticket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Rich coming from someone who called other Thistle  fans filth and had to take it down!

Your not renewing  your season ticket, you live in Aberdeen.  So why do you not just **** off.

 

4 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

An ex employee told me that is nothing more than  JLow spin or a Nigerian Scam so I’ll not be providing my account details or renewing my season ticket. 

Good

Edited by dunnikierjag
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost for a thread for this so sorry for butting in. 

Is this the first season where we haven't had an open friendly? Any opinions on this? Myself, tho' I'm pro the league cup section set up, I feel the loss of having at least one pre season friendly is a sad state of affairs. In recent seasons, like many other fans, I've been to Blyth, Durham, Fleetwood, Belfast etc. Given as it is we visit maybe only around a paltry dozen different grounds a season this no friendly stuff stinks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Lost for a thread for this so sorry for butting in. 

Is this the first season where we haven't had an open friendly? Any opinions on this? Myself, tho' I'm pro the league cup section set up, I feel the loss of having at least one pre season friendly is a sad state of affairs. In recent seasons, like many other fans, I've been to Blyth, Durham, Fleetwood, Belfast etc. Given as it is we visit maybe only around a paltry dozen different grounds a season this no friendly stuff stinks.

Agree LIB seems the league cup(or whatever its called) is the substitute for pre season games. I miss these good days away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dunnikierjag, I was responding, with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, to West of Scotland’s tongue in cheek suggestion that if Gary Caldwell started handing out tenners then some posters would still find it irresistible to criticise. 

Sorry, if you misunderstood.   Perhaps one layer of sarcasm too many for a Friday night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS. I don’t actually know any ex-employees and certainly none that would suggest that Gary Caldwell is involved in a Nigerian Scam. 

Oh, and I’ve already renewed my season ticket, sorry again, if that disappoints you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Lost for a thread for this so sorry for butting in. 

Is this the first season where we haven't had an open friendly? Any opinions on this? Myself, tho' I'm pro the league cup section set up, I feel the loss of having at least one pre season friendly is a sad state of affairs. In recent seasons, like many other fans, I've been to Blyth, Durham, Fleetwood, Belfast etc. Given as it is we visit maybe only around a paltry dozen different grounds a season this no friendly stuff stinks.

Yep, completely agree. I miss those trips.

I find these small leagues so bloody boring. Playing the same teams (at least) four times. Then when there's a new club to play, it's scheduled at 7.05 on a Friday evening! There's always the hope that we get to play an English, or Welsh(masquerading as English), side in a cup competition named after a biscuit.

What will Doncaster's legacy be, I wonder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AlgarveJag said:

Thanks LIB for the interjection  

I miss friendlies too!

Yes, so often a timely intervention :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dunnikierjag said:

Your not renewing  your season ticket, you live in Aberdeen.  So why do you not just **** off.

 

Good

Oh my! So another one who lowers themselves to such language. Where the relevance to me living in Aberdeen comes in I'm not entirely sure. But no doubt, in your narrow mind it means something 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A kind of random question: When did "Meet the Manager" evenings start to appear in football? Is the phenomenon somehow related the rise of the internet and social media? For example, was there ever an "Evening with Willie Thornton" or an "Evening with Dave McParland" back in the old days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Oh my! So another one who lowers themselves to such language. Where the relevance to me living in Aberdeen comes in I'm not entirely sure. But no doubt, in your narrow mind it means something 

I don't think you should **** off, I just think you should cheer up!

But then again, if you live in Aberdeen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
10 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Yep, completely agree. I miss those trips.

I find these small leagues so bloody boring. Playing the same teams (at least) four times. Then when there's a new club to play, it's scheduled at 7.05 on a Friday evening! There's always the hope that we get to play an English, or Welsh(masquerading as English), side in a cup competition named after a biscuit.

What will Doncaster's legacy be, I wonder.

Doncasters legacy will simply be, Doncaster who? They have a race course do they not? A complete fraud of an administrator. I well remember Jim farry being the subject of peoples ire but compared to Doncaster he was an absolute pro.

With all the rhetoric a while back about the premier being increased in number had my mates and I discussing how small the championship seems now we are in it. AND how enlightened the split was/is.

Is there scope to increase the number of clubs in our league to 12 or 14, adopt a split and include more clubs at the bottom in play offs. Say bottom 2 clubs down and 2 clubs up,  with a similer play off as we have now for entry to the premier involving 10th in the championship playing a 1 off against 3rd in the 1st at a neutral venue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Doncaster just a mouthpiece for the clubs? Strikes me that he's an easy target but it's the clubs' failure to see beyond their own narrow and short term interests that is more to blame for what's wrong in the structures of our game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

He may be placed there by the clubs @allyo but his usual banality seems more concentrated in keeping his hugely over paid post than having a pair and shaking the ugly sisters up which looking back farry did no end. That said he did preside over sending sevco to the bottom league, then again some say they should never have been let back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

He may be placed there by the clubs @allyo but his usual banality seems more concentrated in keeping his hugely over paid post than having a pair and shaking the ugly sisters up which looking back farry did no end. That said he did preside over sending sevco to the bottom league, then again some say they should never have been let back in.

Please let us get this right. Rangers were liquidated. Doncaster presided over the farce of trying to get Newco Rangers elected into the system in the highest possible league. The clubs rejected this and Newco were elected into the bottom league at the expense of more qualified and deserving applicants.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Please let us get this right. Rangers were liquidated. Doncaster presided over the farce of trying to get Newco Rangers elected into the system in the highest possible league. The clubs rejected this and Newco were elected into the bottom league at the expense of more qualified and deserving applicants.

That's Cove Rangers just getting in now. Something that should've happened all these years ago. If not them it would most likely have been Spartans. At the worst if sevco were getting placed in the 4th tier the league should've been expanded to accommodate Cove and/or Spartans.

It's very true that the clubs rejected placing New Rangers in a higher tier against the wishes of Doncaster & the clown at the SFA. It's equally true that many of those clubs would've been more sympathetic towards sevco but for fan intervention at those respective clubs.

Btw I don't know if Gretna 2008 would've been interested in playing in League Two but as I see it they would just have had about the same right to play in that league as sevco did a few years later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×