What’s your favourite pre match boozers

Bobbyhouston

I'm bored too Bobbyhouston.

I don't  drink now, just got bored with it when the kids came along 20 years ago. Before that I never really had a bevy before Thistle games, usually went into town after home games with a quick pint in the goalpost if going to Byers road or any one of the boozers along towards st George's cross. 

For Scotland games it was always the titwood and for away games first left out of the train station and first pub on the left. No idea why. 

Big favourite for my mates and I was behind the wall pre and post v Falkirk. Fallen asleep all night at Falkirk central and grahamston. Happy days, no bills no mortgage, every penny was my own :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
Spooling

Similar to @Thistleberight my drinking interest has been impacted by kids and hangovers are so depressing it's just not worth it.  BUT if I do have a beer before or after then

Before

Aitken Suite - it's easy.  It's close.  I'm helping the club. That's it.

Munros - it's ok.  Beer selection has decreased in quality though.

Crafty Pig - decent food.

Crossing The Rubicon - was great for food when doing curry.  Now rebranded and Scottish themed menu so no idea as not been in since.

After

Was Landsdowne.  Gutted it's now a restaurant.  Was always a nice place.  Really liked it.

Was Strathmore post gentrification.  Not been in since it's changed.  Can you still get a drink in a bar area or is it purely restaurant?

After that Munros or Inn Deep.

If heading city centre very partial to State Bar.  Wonderful selection of beers.

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

After

Was Landsdowne.  Gutted it's now a restaurant.  Was always a nice place.  Really liked it.

Was Strathmore post gentrification.  Not been in since it's changed.  Can you still get a drink in a bar area or is it purely restaurant?

You can still get a beer in The Lansdowne I thought?

The Strathmore has it'srestaurant at the back of the building. There's even a Thistle themed corner on the right hand side of the bar.

10 hours ago, jagfox said:

You can still get a beer in The Lansdowne I thought?

The Strathmore has it'srestaurant at the back of the building. There's even a Thistle themed corner on the right hand side of the bar.

No idea about Landsdowne.  If you can still get a beer then superb.

Will head back to New Strathmore now I know it still has its bar.

State - occasionally the Woodside. Used to go to Munro’s but stopped for the same reasons given by other contributors - no football on TV and reduced beer choice - plus you used to be able to pick your own music via an app but that was binned in favour of bland pish played on a loop. 

Edited by Charlie Endell
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Endell said:

State - occasionally the Woodside. Used to go to Munro’s but stopped for the same reasons given by other contributors - no football on TV and reduced beer choice - plus you used to be able to pick your own music via an app but that was binned in favour of bland pish played on a loop. 

Not the Star and Garter??? 

Heading to Coopers as I type. I've missed their fish and chips close season. 

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:49 PM, Auld Jag said:

Despite being a lifelong  Thistle fan, I have remained teetotal. But I am more than happy to toast the new season with a virtual pint. So here to a successful 2019/20 season for the Jags.:drink2:

:lol:

Didn't the late great Cliff Hanley say you couldn't be a Partick Thistle supporter, and a tee-totaller, AND believe in God!!!

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

:lol:

Didn't the late great Cliff Hanley say you couldn't be a Partick Thistle supporter, and a tee-totaller, AND believe in God!!!

I was at Paisley Abbey last night. Not for religious purpose. Cologne chamber orchestra was playing a concert. Wife's choice not mine. Although it was alright.

It's a shame what happened to the Star and Garter. Went in on Saturday after the game and it's not the same at all without Michael running it. Shite pint and full of celtic fans also. The Castle Vaults down by St George's Cross is small and old fashioned but it's friendly enough and a good laugh

• 4 weeks later...

Firstly apologies to the OP for a total hijack of a thread.  I've selected this thread as it's effectively deid.

More a question than statement but is anyone else on here completely pissed off with the "New Owner"thread? I mean absolutely no disrespect to javeajag and Jordanhill Jag, two Jags fans that obviously care deeply about the Club.  I doubt, tho', there is anyone posting on here that isn't committed, worried or at least concerned about our current situation.

My problem is that I'm losing the will to live trying to keep up with posts that appear to be taking that thread round in circles. Normally I would be in the "if you don't like it stay out of it" camp. Exception in this case being the subject matter is something I care deeply about.  

Daftie as I am I don't believe I'm a stupid person. more I'm totally exhausted with that thread, Like others I attended today's meetings and have opinions as no doubt has everyone else also attending. Unless we're prepared to repeat these opinions ad infinitum that thread in question is not an option.

Help!!!

33 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Firstly apologies to the OP for a total hijack of a thread.  I've selected this thread as it's effectively deid.

More a question than statement but is anyone else on here completely pissed off with the "New Owner"thread? I mean absolutely no disrespect to javeajag and Jordanhill Jag, two Jags fans that obviously care deeply about the Club.  I doubt, tho', there is anyone posting on here that isn't committed, worried or at least concerned about our current situation.

My problem is that I'm losing the will to live trying to keep up with posts that appear to be taking that thread round in circles. Normally I would be in the "if you don't like it stay out of it" camp. Exception in this case being the subject matter is something I care deeply about.  

Daftie as I am I don't believe I'm a stupid person. more I'm totally exhausted with that thread, Like others I attended today's meetings and have opinions as no doubt has everyone else also attending. Unless we're prepared to repeat these opinions ad infinitum that thread in question is not an option.

Help!!!

16 minutes ago, Rid Skwerr said:

I couldn't agree more.

No actual light is being generated by that thread and I now just skip past all posts from those two in case there is some real information hiding in the posts of others.

There is certainly nothing new to be gained from reading their tit-for-tat sparring.

I have said it before and I will say it again. The majority of things that were done in Robert's memory were started by posters on this forum and Eunice and myself will be forever grateful for that. That is the good side of the forum. But sometimes some on the forum cannot accept that others have a different opinion from them. When you get 2 or more like that, they just constantly want to catch the other one out. It gets boring after a while. Eunice used to say she didn't understand how Robert and I both supported Thistle. Yet we disagreed on matters to do with Thistle sometimes. If she came on this forum she would soon see how Thistle fans can disagree.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Help!!!

Yeah, but what pub would you like to recommend for a pre-match refreshment? 

Sadly The Jukebox Rebel isn't about at the moment so there are none of his absolutely brilliant threads to read and the Thistle universe is missing a website that updates with stories/detailed reports, from times we don't remember so we can't "get lost" in the midst of times. If we had that, and a band of authors/publishers behind it then it would be amazing. One to wish for!