Partick Thistle Vs Airdrieonians -League Cup

jagfox

3 points!   It appears that Hamilton have dropped 2 points, losing a penalty shoot out to Queens Park.  Could prove important.  

Unless Press Association have made an error, looks like same QP player took both their 5th and 6th penalty- didn’t think that was allowed?

9 minutes ago, Jago1953 said:

Doolan plays 90 mins scores 2. Amazing what a player can do when he’s not sitting on the bench. 

30 games suggested he wasn’t on the bench still if you want to convince yourself he wasn’t then your deluded.  A difference between scoring against Berwick and scoring against Airdrieonians or higher standard.

a win is a win but lots of work needed from Caldwell to improve the squad and get some signings in. Actions speak louder than words Gary and IMO so far, which is admittedly nothing we look nothing like even playoff candidates 

Edited by Third Lanark

An uninspiring win against a lower league outfit. But a win’s a win and it’s 3 points in the bag.

I wonder if there was anyone from the takeover consortium there today, and what they made of the performance of the team and manager.

Edited by Big Col

Just now, Third Lanark said:

30 games suggested he wasn’t on the bench. A difference between scoring against Berwick and scoring against Airdrieonians or higher standard.

a win is a win but lots of work needed from Caldwell to improve the squad and get some signings in. Actions speak louder than words Gary

Wouldn’t matter who is playing up front for us , Caldwell’s tactics would put you to sleep.

Sterile football with no end product, slow build up with little or no creativity ( Joe Cardle excepted )

It’s going to be another long season 

• Downvote 1

Always nice to beat Airdrieonians. 

Thought it was okay overall. Sneddon was pretty quiet. 

I don't think another goal or two would have flattered us that much.

Banzo, Miller and O'Ware did pretty well and nice to see Galasso get a run out.

Fair play to Palmer coming on at half time and had a really good spell.

Plenty of work to be done and I'm still not sure about starting with this 3-5-2/ 5-3-2 formation but I guess that's what we're likely to see for the time being.

3 points on Tuesday and we're looking good for topping the group.

8 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Wouldn’t matter who is playing up front for us , Caldwell’s tactics would put you to sleep.

Sterile football with no end product, slow build up with little or no creativity ( Joe Cardle excepted )

It’s going to be another long season 

With that attitude it certainly will be :lol:

9 minutes ago, Big Col said:

An uninspiring win against a lower league outfit. But a win’s a win and it’s 3 points in the bag.

I wonder if there was anyone from the takeover consortium there today, and what they made of the performance of the team and manager.

Lets cut to the chase you are desperate for him to be sacked. I doubt Conway and Lee seldom if ever check out jags results never mind go to games. Even if we lost to Airdrie today he wouldn’t have been 

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Lets cut to the chase you are desperate for him to be sacked. I doubt Conway and Lee seldom if ever check out jags results never mind go to games. Even if we lost to Airdrie today he wouldn’t have been 

So cutting to the chase TL , we’re going to get owners who don’t give a toss about our Club