Partick Thistle Vs Airdrieonians -League Cup

jagfox

28 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Lets cut to the chase you are desperate for him to be sacked. I doubt Conway and Lee seldom if ever check out jags results never mind go to games. Even if we lost to Airdrie today he wouldn’t have been 

Where did I say that I wanted him sacked? Jeez - you been out in the sun too long?

It’s pre season yes but the signings of Mansell & Miller to replace Doolan looks bizarre. Both spend more time outside penalty area than in it. Already pinning my hopes on Alex Jones!!

Know we’re still short of bodies but that first half with Gordon bursting forward from the midfield & Miller, Mansell nowhere near the box summed it up.

Gordon likely hooked as midfield (aka Bannigan)  getting overrun when we lost the ball (lack of pace). Thought the young Sevco5088 boy did ok.

Still need width & need pace in next few weeks or it’s likely to be another long season.

Edited by Trotter

Good enough against a physical and pretty well organised Airdrie with their no 7 looking a bit of a handful.

Thought our youngsters did really well today in the short spells they were on the park with Palmer looking a great asset albeit till Jan and a busy Galaso went close with a header .

Edited by Anniesland Jag

2 hours ago, sandy said:

Yep...if only we had an experienced striker like Doolan.

The usual suspect doing you down. It's a fair point Sandy, perhaps time to move on but fair nonetheless. I thought the same thing on the way home from the game, doolan scores (x 2) as most on here predicted.

Just now, Thistleberight said:

The usual suspect doing you down. It's a fair point Sandy, perhaps time to move on but fair nonetheless. I thought the same thing on the way home from the game, doolan scores (x 2) as most on here predicted.

My cat could have scored two against Berwick 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Jesus.... it was the first game of the season and really still pre season ... plenty to work on what a surprise ... on the basis of one result I guess Hamilton are now relegated ? 

Can we get a grip 

Yep. Gripping tightly.

Thought we did well in spells, especially for about 20 minutes 2nd half when their keeper had 6 saves, possibly 7. For the first cimpetative game it was okay, o'ware wa solid, we made far less errors at the back compared to last season, so much to be positive about.

Not sure I agree with the posts about GC's management not being good today, the formation will be a work in progress i expect, thought palmer, as mentioned by @jagfox was good when he came on, cardle has a great attitude, I'm undecided on Miller but he had some good movement in the 2nd half and could have had a goal or 2 had the keeper not been on such good form. And as @Auld Jagnotes, we are top. 

29 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Thought Airdrie seemed a good, well organised, side today.

I've seen worse teams. Probably top 4 contenders in their league.

I just hope we can match that.

We shame that Ally Roy was ineffectual...

10 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Not too sure about Kenny Miller, early days but seems a downgrade on what he had

Thought he should have scored early in the second half with tame shot at keeper. He was unlucky with a flick from a corner,that just went by the post. Early days.