Mitch Austin

Albert's Ghost

3 hours ago, Paukea said:

Signing expected in next 48 hours. Medical found bruising around his knee and due to him suffering a previous ACL Thistle want his scans inspected by experts in Glasgow

looks like Caldwell is trying to sign every crock going

de vita

Alex Jones

Really?  By holding up the deal to have experts have a close look at a possible problem?? 

Edit:  I see someone beat me to that.

Edited by Mr Bunny

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

You would have thought that instead of having him fly over here, you would have thought the medical could have been done in Australia under some fifa supervision.  If he does fail, who pays his travel costs ?

Why would FIFA supervise a medical? 

9 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Why would FIFA supervise a medical? 

It doesn’t need to be FIFA, but some independent organisation. Why have someone fly for 24 hours, wait another 48 before undergoing a medical, only for a deal not to be done ? 

I am not saying this deal won’t be done - just suggesting there must be a better way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

It doesn’t need to be FIFA, but some independent organisation. Why have someone fly for 24 hours, wait another 48 before undergoing a medical, only for a deal not to be done ? 

I am not saying this deal won’t be done - just suggesting there must be a better way.

Perhaps it invalidates insurance but yes, it does seem rather crazy.

Sounds like a case of no story here.

Boy feels fine and fit to travel with an intention of a new job and a contract in Glasgow when he gets there.

Took a knock in his last game and club are doing due diligence (as you would expect) to be certain they are getting what they will be paying for.  His past injury is known and the club are relying on their own experts and advisers before moving forward (or not).

Normal course of events, nothing to see here...  Expect an announcement when the experts have their opinion.  

Hope he's a raging success and we've found a real cracker here.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

'Nothing is particularly close at the moment'.

I have not listened again to the spoken interview on JagZone to check (listening once is torture enough), but my recollection of Caldwell's comments on Austin is much more positive. It seemed to be a matter of checking out some details of past injuries, but with an expectation of saying "Yes" rather than "No".  

The "nothing is particularly close" comment came after that and I took it as "nothing else (ie apart from Austin) is particularly close". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

I have not listened again to the spoken interview on JagZone to check (listening once is torture enough), but my recollection of Caldwell's comments on Austin is much more positive. It seemed to be a matter of checking out some details of past injuries, but with an expectation of saying "Yes" rather than "No".  

The "nothing is particularly close" comment came after that and I took it as "nothing else (ie apart from Austin) is particularly close". 

And so it was!

• 1 month later...

Anyone any idea what's happening with Austin?Not a mention of him for weeks. Is he still at the club? Do we need him now we have Zanatta? His twitter says he's in Glasgow but no acknowledgement that he even plays for us. He follows the official account and Joe Cardle but no-one else. I can only assume he's injured?Anyone spotted him at training maybe? Mitch, if you're reading this can you send us a sign? Maybe a coded message via a Fifa 20 screenshot on Twitter?

3 minutes ago, The Legend Blows said:

Anyone any idea what's happening with Austin?Not a mention of him for weeks. Is he still at the club? Do we need him now we have Zanatta? His twitter says he's in Glasgow but no acknowledgement that he even plays for us. He follows the official account and Joe Cardle but no-one else. I can only assume he's injured?Anyone spotted him at training maybe? Mitch, if you're reading this can you send us a sign? Maybe a coded message via a Fifa 20 screenshot on Twitter?

Sure i heard on jagzone the other week he went under the knife for a tidy up so don't expect to see him soon