Jags V Hamilton 20/07/19

Paukea

44 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

First big test and it's beginning too look like the same old, same old ...

To be honest even if the result had stayed that way it’s far too early to say that- look at so many premier league teams that have struggled. Won’t be till after a few league games and players signed recently are up to full fitness before we can really judge 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

Nothing between the two teams, either could have won. I think Caldwell will be pleased with the performance. 

Best wishes to the poor soul who had the heart attack. And deep respect to the fan who gave him CPR. Outstanding.

Well said - awful that happening I just hope the person makes a full recovery.  Well done as you say to the fan who gave him CPR.  Shows at the end of the day how unimportant a game of goo is when someone’s life could be hanging in the balance. 

36 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

To be honest even if the result had stayed that way it’s far too early to say that- look at so many premier league teams that have struggled. Won’t be till after a few league games and players signed recently are up to full fitness before we can really judge 

Agree - but it's the sudden switching off after not one but both goals that gives you the jitters.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Well said - awful that happening I just hope the person makes a full recovery.  Well done as you say to the fan who gave him CPR.  Shows at the end of the day how unimportant a game of goo is when someone’s life could be hanging in the balance. 

To true TL. We have all probably at one point taken football to seriously. Yes we all want to see Thistle do well, but at the end of the day it is just a game. Good start to the season, 3 points against Clyde and we win the group. Easy, no its Thistle.:fan:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Couldn’t make it today, could anyone give a review of who got pass marks or played well etc, would be great cheers:thumbsup:

Okay, here goes.

Fox - okay, nothing special, think Sneddon is the better keeper.

Williamson - good going forward, took his goal really well, suspect defensively, looks like he's lacking confidence.

O'Ware - will be a standout this season, comfortable on the ball and a goal threat at corners.

McGinty - my current favourite player, along the lines of magnificent and appalling in equal measure.

Penrice - whatever the formation, don't think he should be out of the team, class act (and pleased to see he seems to have been working on his heading).

Cardle - always a threat, hope we can keep him fit.

Palmer - at his best, think Billy Bremner, at other times think youth player among the grown-ups.

Bannigan - usual excellence, although not back to his best (will he ever be?)

Robson - some flashes of excellent play, anonymous at other times.

Gordon - you don't know he's on the park and then he's in the box scoring a goal. He could get us double figures this season.

Miller - promising more than he's delivering at the moment, but he's going to make a significant contribution over the piece.

Mansell - this boy can play, his assists alone  impress, but he needs to add goals to his game.

Da Vita - not on long enough to make a judgement. Crap at penalties, though.

Jones - only seen about ten minutes of him over two games, but he didn't set the heather on fire.

Overall, a good, if patchy, performance. Probably enough evidence to suggest we'll compete at the top of the league, but not enough to suggest we can win it.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

Okay, here goes.

Williamson - good going forward, took his goal really well, suspect defensively, looks like he's lacking confidence.

O'Ware - will be a standout this season, comfortable on the ball and a goal threat at corners.

McGinty - my current favourite player, along the lines of magnificent and appalling in equal measure.

Penrice - whatever the formation, don't think he should be out of the team, class act (and pleased to see he seems to have been working on his heading).

Palmer - at his best, think Billy Bremner, at other times think youth player among the grown-ups.

Gordon - you don't know he's on the park and then he's in the box scoring a goal. He could get us double figures this season.

Miller - promising more than he's delivering at the moment, but he's going to make a significant contribution over the piece.

Mansell - this boy can play, his assists alone  impress, but he needs to add goals to his game.

Jones - only seen about ten minutes of him over two games, but he didn't set the heather on fire.

Overall, a good, if patchy, performance. Probably enough evidence to suggest we'll compete at the top of the league, but not enough to suggest we can win it.

Ran out of likes.

Penrice is already a great player and has so much potential. My opinion of him, for me anyway, underlines my confusion over my understanding of what is important for managers/coaches, cos he is head and shoulders above Fitzpatrick and yet the reverence for the latter is above young James. I guess I'm only able to judge on game time and a purchasing manager will have more to go on  but I would take penrice every time.

Good performance yesterday controlled most of the game, more than matched the Prem team and finished the stronger.

Fitness levels look good, fair play to GC for making the subs and tactical changes early enough to have an impact on the game.

A lot to be positive heading into the league season and squad at this point compared to this time last season is miles better 

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

Okay, here goes.

Bang on. For me, Robson was a stand out yesterday. I think he's going to be a real player for us.  Joe is in serious danger of becoming a club legend. Absolutely brilliant. Mansell was very impressive yesterday and agree if he can add goals to his game then we'll see what GC sees in him. Jones I think also looks a player and I feel there's a lot to come from him. Absolutely bang on in what you're saying about Palmer.