Buzzing for Clyde game

Bobbyhouston

Somewhat poignantly, perhaps, there is a post on the PTFC website entitled ‘Blast from the Past – Clyde’: about a Jags Vs Clyde game on 8th September 1962 (just around the time I started watching Thistle). The report of the game from a young journalist Allan Heron describes Thistle (even then) as ‘unpredictables’.

So, it’s just when you are expecting the Jags to come out whup somebody’s ass that ....

• Haha 1

I think the OP might just be at the wind up. How can anyone be throwing about superlatives re tomorrow night's game. If so what would he/she have been saying about the two matches against Ayr and the Q o S game in the Spring or the play off matches the previous season. Regarding Jags fans' excitement about tomorrow night I'd suggest the home attendance will offer a fair indication.

Anyway just to play along I think we've the right mentality to win, something I can credit Caldwell with installing (maybe more correctly, re-installing).  So even tho' early/pre league season fixtures are a bit of a leveller I fully expect a win within the narrow to comfortable spectrum. 

Just now, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think the OP might just be at the wind up. How can anyone be throwing about superlatives re tomorrow night's game. If so what would he/she have been saying about the two matches against Ayr and the Q o S game in the Spring or the play off matches the previous season. Regarding Jags fans' excitement about tomorrow night I'd suggest the home attendance will offer a fair indication.

Anyway just to play along I think we've the right mentality to win, something I can credit Caldwell with installing (maybe more correctly, re-installing).  So even tho' early/pre league season fixtures are a bit of a leveller I fully expect a win within the narrow to comfortable spectrum. 

i think he is a closet sevco fan, last two posts have been about palmer and miller - weirdo!

• Haha 2

I too am excited by tonight. I remember the genuine rivalry and hatred we had for each other in the 70's and 80's and some cracking cup ties, lights out, re play after replay, fighting all round the ground, genuine rivalry felt by the players of both teams, real excitement.

I'm not sure this fixture means the same to fans or players anymore, difficult to gauge how up for it the clyde players will be and if anyone genuinely feels this is a derby anymore.

I'm more excited due to if we win, we top the group. I doubt I'll leave the game thinking yes we put one over on our city enemies like I did in the past, or be gutted for weeks after such a defeat.

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Surprised that you say that. I don't think anyone's on the wind up. I reckon ther's a real nostalgia for the Clyde games, and also plenty to play for.

23 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

The left side of our defence is much too slow, but O'Ware's interventions in the centre have cut out the crosses. Sooner or later, an opposition is going to do its homework and spot that weakness.

Think you have just done it for them !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Think you have just done it for them !

That's because I'm sure we'll still win. Caldwell will face stiffer challenges in his time with us, and (I hope) will rise to meet them.

Of course, if Clyde is dependent on trawling on here to get tips on winning against us, we have nothing to worry about anyway. :fan:

Edited by Fearchar