Buzzing for Clyde game

Bobbyhouston

I think it’s more nostalgia for us now, than bitter rivalry. Before we drew the Bully Wee in this cup I couldn’t have named a single Clyde player, they are so far out of mind these days. I think they are more hostile to us, due to jealousy, than the other way round. I always felt Clyde were the ‘rivals’, but Killie/Airdrie were the enemy!

Possibly due to having school and work friends who were Clyde supporters and really decent guys, I never could work up much animosity towards them. I think I was one of two Jags supporter who did the big Shawfield to Broadwood walk a few years ago to raise funds when they nearly folded, and I used to go to the odd midweek game there. I seem to remember a season when it was neck and neck between Clyde and ICT for promotion to the SPL – some of our fans actually went to Broadwood to support ICT. Frankly I thought that was exceedingly poor form – more indicative of the OF mentality than the Corinthian spirt of rivalry.

I feel they will be more up for this than we will – Danny Lennon certainly will be! I noticed they had two players who put in particularly decent shifts in recent games: Syvertsen and Johnson both gave Accies a hard time, and they both scored, respectively in the last two games. We’ll need to be on top of them from the word go. At 2/5 home win, I think the bookies are being very stingy.

But to quote the OP – buzzing for it!

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Lets hope for a good turnout of Thistle fans for this one. Get the win, top the group and then on to the league campaign.

Fingers crossed for a good attendance. 3 of us taking advantage of the late summer nights, also easier to take the kids on a non school night.

I was at the Linlithgow Rose v Clyde game at the end of June where Linlithgow Rose beat them 2-1.  Was a pretty even game with not much between the two teams but it was just a friendly. Ally Love was the stand out from Clyde but the rest were pretty average. 

Fingers crossed for a win tonight. 

Hoping for a nice wee cup run. 

4 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I think it’s more nostalgia for us now, than bitter rivalry. Before we drew the Bully Wee in this cup I couldn’t have named a single Clyde player, they are so far out of mind these days. I think they are more hostile to us, due to jealousy, than the other way round. I always felt Clyde were the ‘rivals’, but Killie/Airdrie were the enemy!

Possibly due to having school and work friends who were Clyde supporters and really decent guys, I never could work up much animosity towards them. I think I was one of two Jags supporter who did the big Shawfield to Broadwood walk a few years ago to raise funds when they nearly folded, and I used to go to the odd midweek game there. I seem to remember a season when it was neck and neck between Clyde and ICT for promotion to the SPL – some of our fans actually went to Broadwood to support ICT. Frankly I thought that was exceedingly poor form – more indicative of the OF mentality than the Corinthian spirt of rivalry.

I feel they will be more up for this than we will – Danny Lennon certainly will be! I noticed they had two players who put in particularly decent shifts in recent games: Syvertsen and Johnson both gave Accies a hard time, and they both scored, respectively in the last two games. We’ll need to be on top of them from the word go. At 2/5 home win, I think the bookies are being very stingy.

But to quote the OP – buzzing for it!

Funny you should say that I never really had any animosity to them at all whether they were playing at Shawfiield or wherever.  In addition I never bought into that whole  ‘Gypo’ malarkey 1. As it was more than borderline racist and 2. We were so bad at the time: that it was difficult with a straight face to slag anyone else off.

like you most Clyde supporters  I knew were much like myself fairly ordinary,  decent guys who wanted nothing to do with the Ugly Sisters. Without being too patronising I too suspect that they will be more fired up for this match than we are. How many times in seasons past have we slipped up in fixtures like this.

Hopefully, tonight will not be another one to add to the list.

• Like 1