League cup - last 16

QXBoy

I think it's a good draw. It's winnable and at the same time it'll provide a decent enough indication to how we're placed. Put another way a club with aspirations of promotion should give as good as they get playing at home against a club recently promoted. Downside tho' is going out at this stage without even the comfort of a money-spinner would be a real bummer.

12 hours ago, Pinhead said:

yay dross county how boring

Can't disagree but the chances of getting a non boring tie were stacked against us. If we're at home I'm happy enough with a team we may have a decent chance of beating. Of the possible away ties only Dingwall and Easter Rd appealed to me. Maybe at a stretch Rugby Park tho' plastic pitch and Ryanair seating are downers.

Anyway boring fixtures and Scottish football go hand in hand. No friendlies, away League Cup fixtures at Airdrie & Hamilton followed by the repetitiveness of 10 club league, complete with its 7.05pm kick offs, ain't a lot to look forward to. Just gotta hope that the fare we serve up is enough to whet the appetite as there's little else to get excited about.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Can't disagree but the chances of getting a non boring tie were stacked against us. If we're at home I'm happy enough with a team we may have a decent chance of beating. Of the possible away ties only Dingwall and Easter Rd appealed to me. Maybe at a stretch Rugby Park tho' plastic pitch and Ryanair seating are downers.

Anyway boring fixtures and Scottish football go hand in hand. No friendlies, away League Cup fixtures at Airdrie & Hamilton followed by the repetitiveness of 10 club league, complete with its 7.05pm kick offs, ain't a lot to look forward to. Just gotta hope that the fare we serve up is enough to whet the appetite as there's little else to get excited about.

Haha, not having that LiB. I do get where you are coming from and perhaps my attitude is driven by close season boredom but I am really looking forward to this season as I believe we have some really exciting players. Also given how chaotic at the back we can be for about 10 minutes minimum in every game so far we'll be on the edge of our seats.

I'm looking forward to alloa games cos am meeting friends, the small plastic pitch doesn't fill me with anticipation of a good game, but, I am very excited about the v DU the following Friday. I know what you are saying about the 10 team leagues x 4 games v each club but there will be some appetising games along the way. Great trip to Inverness (possible overnighter) and I always enjoy trips to Dundee. Arbroath is a cracking wee place, the chippy at the harbour is top drawer.

I've a feeling we are going to challenge at the top end and expect most other teams will have similer aspirations so it should be tight which will increase excitement?

To be honest about as good a draw as we were likely to get. As others have said it’s a far from easy tie, but one that’s very possibly winnable. No doubt County fans are thinking along similar lines.:innocent:

if nothing else it will offer a useful yard stick to measure how far, if any we’ve improved since last season.

9 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Haha, not having that LiB. I do get where you are coming from and perhaps my attitude is driven by close season boredom but I am really looking forward to this season as I believe we have some really exciting players. Also given how chaotic at the back we can be for about 10 minutes minimum in every game so far we'll be on the edge of our seats.

I'm looking forward to alloa games cos am meeting friends, the small plastic pitch doesn't fill me with anticipation of a good game, but, I am very excited about the v DU the following Friday. I know what you are saying about the 10 team leagues x 4 games v each club but there will be some appetising games along the way. Great trip to Inverness (possible overnighter) and I always enjoy trips to Dundee. Arbroath is a cracking wee place, the chippy at the harbour is top drawer.

I've a feeling we are going to challenge at the top end and expect most other teams will have similer aspirations so it should be tight which will increase excitement?

Love the positivity here :worship:

9 hours ago, allyo said:

All this boring tie stuff, what is it you're looking for? Do you just not like Scottish football? Because the logic seems to be that everything is boring. 

Like most on here allyo, I love a good moan and compared to quite a few on here I'm positively amateurish. Personally I'm being upbeat, learning lessons from last season when I was firmly a naysayer . Gets you nowhere.

Don't get me wrong if we are p1sh I'll easily regress but clean slate and all that. I decided when GC arrived that due to several things I'd experienced with him in the past, that I didn't want him. His handling of Erskine and dools was reprehensible and strengthened and underlined my image of him. But, I/we have heard so many positives from his team re his management and training I have to eat humble pie (meantime) and trust their feelings on the guy and what he is doing and trying to achieve. I might be wrong of course but I think we are at the start of something special.

You're right, there's nothing boring about Scottish football. Predictable maybe, but not boring. Can't wait for saturday:party:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 2:09 PM, elevenone said:

Ticket prices (£18) are quite high for a League Cup game against Ross County. I'm in London this week and ticket prices for QPR v Bristol City (English League Cup) were at £15. They got around 5700 in which isn't a great crowd for QPR.