Dundee United Friday 9th August

Bobbyhouston

26 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Is now a good time to mention that Caldwell's Thistle have played Neilson's United twice and have won one and drawn one?

Lets hope we can keep that record going. I know it wont be easy, but if we win and have 4points from our first 2 games that would be an encouraging start to our league campaign. Would be good to see a big Thistle support get behind the team.:fan:

2 hours ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Banana skin out the way onto Friday night buzzing 

:thumbsup:

Me too. Can't come quickly enough. Even the worry of us playing the same system as yesterday, which would be solely down to ego and intransigence by the manager if we do, I'm still buzzing for this game. 

Mon jags

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Lets hope we can keep that record going. I know it wont be easy, but if we win and have 4points from our first 2 games that would be an encouraging start to our league campaign. Would be good to see a big Thistle support get behind the team.:fan:

No reason we should fear DU. One side of my family is from up Dundee way and they were at the two home ties in the LC and say they were honking and haven't been crowing about yesterday either. Two poor teams, DU had the difference in shankland. We need to keep him quiet.

The new season excitement took a fair kick in the chuckies yesterday. Need to be winning games against Alloa. Next up a rampant DU team. We started with a negative side yesterday, I wonder if we'll throw even more caution to the wind and start with both Fox and Sneddon on Friday.

6 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree about a big home support. Would be good to send a message - we support Partick Thistle and whilst managers/boards change it is the club we are here for season after season!

Confirmed by Gerry Britton as well that the Dundee United fans will be in the Colin Weir Stand.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 8:18 PM, Fawlty Towers said:

Agree about a big home support. Would be good to send a message - we support Partick Thistle and whilst managers/boards change it is the club we are here for season after season!

Confirmed by Gerry Britton as well that the Dundee United fans will be in the Colin Weir Stand.

Should rename stand after today’s events 

Tell you something, after today’s events and whatever happens throughout the week off the pitch if we could go and beat united in front of a good crowd, in a tense game, with a good atmosphere under the floodlights it could really be one to remember. With Collum in charge it will most likely be a feisty match on and off the pitch with his countless useless decisions annoying everyone in the stadium. It would send out a real message and give a massive confidence boost to everyone if we go out and get right stuck into them and sneak a win. Couldn’t make Alloa so I’m absolutely buzzing for this one hope it’s as memorable as the last meeting with United at firhill. Mon the jags.