Dundee United Friday 9th August

Bobbyhouston

Can't remember last time I saw Thistle win a televised game and the anguish is not good for my health ,so think I'll record the game,check the final score then decide whether or not to watch.Cowardly I know but I know my limitations.Really apprehensive about this game.

51 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Any risk in the game being cancelled given the current heavy rain and forecast?

Seems to have changed forecast wise, BBC no longer saying it's to be lightning tonight. Heavy rain though.......feckin summer

The rain's pretty much off and the sky's clearing, so, baring any 'slow moving thunderstorms' prior to kick off, the game should be fine this evening. There's some rain forecast for late afternoon, but the pitch should be able to cope.

Can't believe so much is resting on our first home game of the season, but it certainly feels like a season defining game already.

God, I really want us to win...

This is the biggest game in the history of early season big games. With all the negativity surrounding Firhill recently we simply have to go out and give a really good account of ourselves. This is a real chance to set down a marker for the rest of the season. Too often in recent seasons we have fell flat on our faces when the big occasion presents itself-hopefully tonight we’ll react like we did at Palmerston rather than we did at Livingston.