Dundee United Friday 9th August

Bobbyhouston

Fox should get a start, I think 2 bad mistakes from Sneddon for 2 goals.  Bannigan was honking plain and simple, even the commentators slated him after his free kick into the wall, he just turned away and could be bothered chasing back.  Why was O'Ware on bench? I thought  Gordon played well when he came on. Robson didnt look fit. But....Im not worried.  Miller had a great game.

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Too much goading going on here these days.

It's been utter shite being a Jags fan since April 2017, but it's important we all keep the faith.

And the beauty is we all have different opinions on our club.

Can we agree not to let it get too personal, folks?

I'm done with them Barney. I might be back when Caldwell gets the bullet.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Big Wull said:

Fox should get a start, I think 2 bad mistakes from Sneddon for 2 goals.  Bannigan was honking plain and simple, even the commentators slated him after his free kick into the wall, he just turned away and could be bothered chasing back.  Why was O'Ware on bench? I thought  Gordon played well when he came on. Robson didnt look fit. But....Im not worried.  Miller had a great game.

Miller was pish. Bannigan was shocking. Penrice had his best game in a while, Cardle never had his best game going forward but he was excellent tracking back and looked like one of the only players who showed a bit of fight second half.

Ridiculous as I accept it sounds - two games in and it feels like the season is over. 

Can't fault them for effort, but effort alone doesn't win leagues.

We don't have the players. Christ knows what's going on with Banzo, but that's another poor performance tonight. Sneddon' s young, so you can forgive his mistakes, but Saunders, despite his goal, isn't going to feature in a league winning side, neither is Robson. Jones and Mansell might very well go on to have really good careers, but I doubt they'll launch them playing in that side. As for the rest, well Cardle is a shining light, but Da Vita looks what he is - a loan player at the end of his career playing to get his fitness back.

I don't think all the nonsense about the takeover had anything to do with tonight's performance. That's them playing as well as they can. Certainly not good enough to win this league and the jury's out on whether they'll be competing at the top or the bottom by next year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Miller was pish. Bannigan was shocking. Penrice had his best game in a while, Cardle never had his best game going forward but he was excellent tracking back and looked like one of the only players who showed a bit of fight second half.

Absolutely.  At least Cardle worked hard and tried. Bannigan on the other hand 

24 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

A pisser losing that one when we were in good shape at half-time.

No change of shape/attitude/organisation did for us second half.

The worst bit about it was both goals were horribly poor ones to lose at any level of football.

Can’t disagree with that assessment BR very disappointing goals to lose