Dundee United Friday 9th August

Bobbyhouston

Not too surprised . United are a very decent team who will stroll this league. We were only ever gonna achieve play off spot at best. United can afford to throw £150k signing on fee to shankland plus £100 k bonus if they go up. That’s the quality you get for that kind of money. Still reckon we will be competing for play off spot. Take it big tam is carrying a knock.

• Like 1

I was willing to give Caldwell a chance I said it all last season when we improved and when things weren't going great also. But tactics wise he completely over thinks things. 

Kenny Miller sitting as a second striker is useless he needs to be part of a front 2 or at least be the highest player up the park, Miller's never been an outstanding talent but he's a hard worker and has good positional sense in and around the box. He's not a playmaker ! He spent half the game ordering people about, should be concentrating more on getting in goalscoring positions imo.

The boy Robson isn't a left winger he's a full back. 

Bannigan seems completely lost at the moment.

Saunders had a great first half and won absolutely everything thrown at him ..second half they upped the ante and he had alot more to deal with.

Sneddon is young and will make mistakes the defence are as much to blame as he is. I'd keep him in goal because he has great potential and it's his first bad game. Ruining the lads confidence would be crazy 

Cardles first name on the team sheet for me at the moment .. if he makes a mistake he will make sure he makes up for it or bursts his arse to help.

Beaten by a not very good team tonight, the team we had last March [the 2-1 win] was better than the one on the field today.

The game made worse by a fussy referee! that muppet is the reason why simulation exists and is thriving in professional football, he either could not see a foul [or chose to ignore it] unless it was part of an aerial diving sequence. Terribly disappointing that this is the accepted standard of refereeing in Scotland.

Penrice was good, Palmer was good and wee Joe worked his ar5e off for 90 minutes. McGinty was occasionally good, but prone to basic, basic errors. Williamson is getting better each game I see, but I think he is struggling as he has never played before with such a disjointed football team.

If you play Mansell he will usually win the first ball, but you have to have him work in tandem with a runner to take the second ball, if not he is basically ineffective. Miller was shocking, and seemed to want to direct the tactics and the shape of the team …. he should be told to shut the F up and get on with trying to score goals. Bannigan ….. that is the worst I have seen him play, his mind seems to be somewhere else, certainly appeared to be playing with something else on his mind.

To be beaten by a miss-hit first goal and another goalmouth scramble is disappointing, and to be honest …. quite amateurish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

I was willing to give Caldwell a chance I said it all last season when we improved and when things weren't going great also. But tactics wise he completely over thinks things. 

Kenny Miller sitting as a second striker is useless he needs to be part of a front 2 or at least be the highest player up the park, Miller's never been an outstanding talent but he's a hard worker and has good positional sense in and around the box. He's not a playmaker ! He spent half the game ordering people about, should be concentrating more on getting in goalscoring positions imo.

The boy Robson isn't a left winger he's a full back. 

Bannigan seems completely lost at the moment.

Saunders had a great first half and won absolutely everything thrown at him ..second half they upped the ante and he had alot more to deal with.

Sneddon is young and will make mistakes the defence are as much to blame as he is. I'd keep him in goal because he has great potential and it's his first bad game. Ruining the lads confidence would be crazy 

Cardles first name on the team sheet for me at the moment .. if he makes a mistake he will make sure he makes up for it or bursts his arse to help.

Robson is in no shape or form a full back. Then again I suppose he's not any less a full back than Williamson

How anyone can think we have a good squad or Caldwell is the answer I do not know. It will be a miracle if we scrape 4th. Got lucky last season convincing an old pal to come out of retirement and having a player like Spittal (massively underappreciated), we've lost our two best players from last season and replaced them with Championship rejects, crocks and has-beens (and combinations thereof).  As suggested, the fact our best player by a distance is a guy who has been decent but never excelled at this level says a lot. We still look more likely to bother the relegation playoffs than the promotion ones. 

52 minutes ago, Big Wull said:

Fox should get a start, I think 2 bad mistakes from Sneddon for 2 goals.  Bannigan was honking plain and simple, even the commentators slated him after his free kick into the wall, he just turned away and could be bothered chasing back.  Why was O'Ware on bench? I thought  Gordon played well when he came on. Robson didnt look fit. But....Im not worried.  Miller had a great game.

Bloody Ronaldo couldny have done anything here when that feckin clown Collum canny even count to 10. Guy was a disgrace for both teams tonight.

IMG_-xzsgpd.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

Indeed. I wish there wasn't. But if you're going to lecture others then I might hold you to a higher standard.

Ain't lecturing nobody mate.

Said it before - where I am based (Western Balkans) - I'm so glad to have this forum for key information.

My job means I cannot be present in Maryhill, but you're damn right my heart is with you all.