Dundee United Friday 9th August

Bobbyhouston

Craig Slater was on Sky News this morning speaking volumes about Leigh Griffith's free kick yesterday.

However, I suspect he may be a clone.............................

Joking apart, the O'Ware one needs to be answered as he is the club's best centre back, so hoping it was a niggle that was judged best to rest.

Edited by Barney Rubble

21 hours ago, sandy said:

Aye...sadly 

Sandy, some advice to younger Jags fans.  Experience over the decades suggests there are 2 essential requirements for supporting Thistle.  1) always read the league table from the bottom up and 2) when the fixtures come out, look to see who we might have to take something from on the last day of the season.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Prince of Partick said:

Can anyone who attended the open day confirm:

1. Is  O'Ware injured

2. Was Mitch Austin training

3. Any sign of Craig Slater

4. I assume Harkins is still in a moon boot ? 

1/As posted elsewhere O'Ware was doing lighter training than the other players who didn't play/start the other night.

2/I don't think so.

3/I don't think so

4/Gary H was hinging about. Think he was taking orders for the Mr Whippy van.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, kevin energy said:

If we need a leader a guy that sticks a leg in plays in midfield maybe ? Why does Caldwell not look to the lower leagues in Scotland or even the juniors they are a few leaders in those leagues, do we actually scout the juniors ?  

Like him or detest him (I can't imagine many votes for the former) but Darian MacKinnon is the absolute epitome of that player. Two or three seasons ago his performances effectively secured Accies survival in the top division. He continues to play at a level above us. So, yes. I 100% agree with your post.

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Like him or detest him (I can't imagine many votes for the former) but Darian MacKinnon is the absolute epitome of that player. Two or three seasons ago his performances effectively secured Accies survival in the top division. He continues to play at a level above us. So, yes. I 100% agree with your post.

I'm sure he started out with a few amature teams too

• Haha 1