Alloa Away (championship opener)

Paukea

Can’t believe it’s Friday and this thread is just beginning..We must be buzzing for the season to get started.

TEAM

Sneddon

Williamson Oware Mcginty Penrice

Palmer Bannigan

Cardle Gordon Robson

Miller

SUBS

Fox, Niang,Saunders, Wilson, De Vita, Mansel, Jones 

would like to see Austin but I’m sure Caldwell said the Utd game at the earliest for him.

We should certainly be looking to win this so here’s hoping for a big support and a good performance.

1 hour ago, Paukea said:

Can’t believe it’s Friday and this thread is just beginning..We must be buzzing for the season to get started.

TEAM

Sneddon

Palmer Bannigan

Cardle Gordon Robson

Miller

SUBS

would like to see Austin but I’m sure Caldwell said the Utd game at the earliest for him.

We should certainly be looking to win this so here’s hoping for a big support and a good performance.

That team looks pretty strong to me.

Lacking some pace.

Who’s Niang again?

Going through for this, can't day I'm enthused by going to their place given the plastic and the dimensions, but @Dark Passengersaid the width had been changed. More going for a good brother as I don't think it will be a barometer for the season ahead. That comes next Friday.

I don't think Miller will start, given it's plastic and as a man of a certain age myself, the impact on hips and knees is horrendous. 2nd half impact sub?

No idea how Alloa will set up this season compared to last. Bold move going for Peter grant, this appointment passed me by during the summer.

Alloa must have a huge contact list given their managers of recent times. Must be a very attractive proposition. Anyhoo, as Peter Grant's not been a manager in this league (that I can remember) no idea how he'll set them up. Anyone have any knowledge of him

22 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

I don't think Miller will start, given it's plastic and as a man of a certain age myself, the impact on hips and knees is horrendous. 2nd half impact sub?

He started both of the League Cup games played on plastic. Subbed after 81 minutes against Queen's Park, played the full 90 against Hamilton.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

He started both of the League Cup games played on plastic. Subbed after 81 minutes against Queen's Park, played the full 90 against Hamilton.

Fair point and good arguement that he'll start, just have a feeling he might not is all

I think the mana

3 hours ago, Paukea said:

TEAM

Sneddon

Palmer Bannigan

Cardle Gordon Robson

Miller

SUBS

I think GC prefers 3 at the back, so probably Saunders in for Penrice (Williamson and Robson as wingbacks) and Mansel in for Miller to save the old man's knees.

10 hours ago, Paukea said:

TEAM

Sneddon

Palmer Bannigan

Cardle Gordon Robson

Miller

SUBS

Looks a good strong team to me. Not many of Archie's signings left now, so this is really GC's team. I imagine Miller will start with Mansell coming on towards the end of the game. Hope I'm not beside the guy at Hamilton who kept calling Mansell 'Nigel' then kept looking round to see if he was getting any lols.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Just noticed this....Anyone planning to get the 12.52 from Queen Street to Alloa ( as I was)...it's been cancelled, so the one after it getting you to Alloa to 14.34 will maybe be a bit busier than expected.

Yes, just noticed this. Was going to pick it up at Croy.  Now having to drive.

The train driver is ill apparently, suspect that he is playing for Alloa.

3 minutes ago, topcat said:

Do they not do the text commentary on the ptfc website anymore?  I guess not.

Anyone got any updates on how we have started?

Link to live text is on the match page but it's more like the undead! Only been updated once. BBC have text updates on their website.