Seriously is there substance to this???

TartanC4

Very sad news that the relationship between the club and wier has broken down. The club owes him and his ex wife a huge debt of gratitude no matter if the relationship is at an end.

Can't see why anyone would want to take over the club if it is as reported in this article but then the press arent6alwats purveyors of the truth. Harsh times nonetheless.

Can't blame the current (new) board if there is a terrible mess, jlow and co removed in time? Survival in the meantime might be the priority. What a mess.

We need the board/chair to speak to the fans, be open and honest because they might be coming to is for help in the near future.

5 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Very sad news that the relationship between the club and wier has broken down. The club owes him and his ex wife a huge debt of gratitude no matter if the relationship is at an end.

Can't see why anyone would want to take over the club if it is as reported in this article but then the press arent6alwats purveyors of the truth. Harsh times nonetheless.

Can't blame the current (new) board if there is a terrible mess, jlow and co removed in time? Survival in the meantime might be the priority. What a mess.

We need the board/chair to speak to the fans, be open and honest because they might be coming to is for help in the near future.

Ran out of likes.

9 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Yep out of the whole fiasco the only person I have confidence in who has the best interests of the club truly at heart is Colin Weir. I’m not convinced he would make the decision to sever all ties with the club lightly and that for me is worrying 

13 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Agree regarding Colin Weir.

However my suspicion is that the takeover is probably the main reason for the current mess, has led to the boardroom coup, the withdrawal of Weir support, and the current disquiet within the club.

I also see this "shambles" as a temporary situation which will be resolved when the takeover is complete.

My greater worry is what happens next. The takeover could still be a good thing, but I'm far from convinced.

• Like 1

Things have changed and I'm not sure I like it, despite being swept away with certain notions.

We all want a professional outfit and a team we can be proud of but the pressure to win games has risen to heights never before witnessed.

I prefer Thistle the football team much more than Thistle the business model.

I'll be happy if we survive this latest mess and come out the other end as The Jags from Maryhill.

We should all be looking forward to Friday and the chance to scupper the hopes of one of our sworn enemies. I hope we can park all of this other nonsense and then eventually put it behind us and move on.

• Haha 1