attendance v DU

scotty

Was really small attendance given there's usually a decent away support. I remember being at  a Friday night first game of season against DU a few years back and there was over 7000 there. And it was on TV too. Premier League then but, all the same, tonight was significantly less. New owners might need to revise their business case. 

Not quite sure I believe the attendance. With 1000 united fans that meant that there was only 2000 thistle fans. There was at least 200 in the JL Stand, this would mean there was 1800 in the JHS that holds over 6000. It certainly was not only 1/3 full. Beattie biscuit tin must be full tonight. 

Edited by erty13

1 minute ago, erty13 said:

Not quite sure I believe the attendance. With 1000 united fans that meant that there was only 2000 thistle fans. There was at least 200 in the JL Stand, this would mean there was 1800 in the JHS that holds over 6000. It certainly was not only 1/3 full. Beattie buscuit tin must be full tonight. 

Ground looked very empty on tv

13 minutes ago, erty13 said:

Not quite sure I believe the attendance. With 1000 united fans that meant that there was only 2000 thistle fans. There was at least 200 in the JL Stand, this would mean there was 1800 in the JHS that holds over 6000. It certainly was not only 1/3 full. Beattie biscuit tin must be full tonight. 

I thought the crowd was only about 2500. Was surprised when it was announced  as 3200.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:22 PM, erty13 said:

I thought the figure announced seemed about right. A disappointingly low home turnout, but it made sense. I'd guess roughly 1700 in the JH and 400 in the JL is probably fair, with the announced 1080 in the away end making up 3200.

JH used to hold just over 6000, but there have been a few changes and its capacity is now a good few hundred less than that.

Gerry B mentioned that we get no direct TV funding from Friday night. With the exception of an additional pitch side advertising we're clearly losing out. Gerry thought the attendance if the game was played at 3pm Saturday would be up about 1000. I reckon that guesstimate's a bit on the conservative side. Each club will have two home 7.05 Fri games. Let's hope the next one isn't against a club who would bring a sizable crowd on a Saturday. The ridiculously early KO time is bound to affect attendances considerably.

6 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Gerry B mentioned that we get no direct TV funding from Friday night. With the exception of an additional pitch side advertising we're clearly losing out. Gerry thought the attendance if the game was played at 3pm Saturday would be up about 1000. I reckon that guesstimate's a bit on the conservative side. Each club will have two home 7.05 Fri games. Let's hope the next one isn't against a club who would bring a sizable crowd on a Saturday. The ridiculously early KO time is bound to affect attendances considerably.

It's bound to be Cally Thistle.