Big Yellow Taxi - Pile in!

joekea

The last time Keith Moon played in front of a paying audience in the UK, 12th June 1976. Townshend's windmills on this are something else.

West of Scotland, you win this one out of the park. Getting Freddie King into a Jags thread guarantees you sainthood and no contest.

Now can anyone find a way to get Duane Allman involved????

8 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Sorry, do not know how to insert this into a post. I am no music buff, but the above sounds remarkably like Bryan Ferry's "Let's stick together". I am surprised that there wasn't a court case!

It is the same song.

Original writer credited in both cases so no court case required (Led Zeppelin please note).

Anyway found an Allman Brothers song. Not one of their best but highly appropriate in the current circumstances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Sorry, do not know how to insert this into a post. I am no music buff, but the above sounds remarkably like Bryan Ferry's "Let's stick together". I am surprised that there wasn't a court case!

Let's Stick Together/Let's Work Together - both written by Wilbert Harrison long before Canned Heat and Bryan Ferry got their hands on them (they are essentially the same song with different words ( another example of such "writing" from that time being "Young Girl" and "Lady Willpower" by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap).

Naturally the original(s) is/are the best but Canned Heat and the Ferry vsersion are suitably updated for their time.

Edited by JeanieD
  • Like 1

Think it was 1971 during my "hippy" days I was staying in St Ives in Cornwall. Canned Heat were playing close by (Redruth I believe). We trooped out to see if we could sneak in. Didn't get in but I've an abiding memory of hingin' about in the High St hearing them blasting out Let' s Work Together. Loud enough outside so God knows what the decibel count must have been in the town hall.

The very fact that this group not only had the respect of John Lee Hooker but actually recorded with the great man should never be disregarded.

Sorry for the digression , team, please carry on with the football chat.