J Low

Prince of Partick

I’m firstly very surprised Colin Weir would want to buy the club, he tends to donate to things that benefit communities, kids charities etc,, and not be involved in the day to day running of them. I’m struggling to see why he would buy it for the previous board

Edited by Norgethistle

36 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m firstly very surprised Colin Weir would want to buy the club, he tends to donate to things that benefit communities, kids charities etc,, and not be involved in the day to day running of them. I’m struggling to see why he would buy it for the previous board

No idea either but maybe sees this as a way to maintain the academy, charity trust and various community projects the club have been involved with?

Maybe he doesn't have much hope of that side of things being maintained with the proposed take over or with the current board?

10 hours ago, Prince of Partick said:

Just heard a wee rumour tonight that JL will lead a consortium to buy the jags ahead of a Chinese/American takeover, watch out for Colin Weir to return !!!!!! 

I said that to my nephew walking up to the JHS on Friday when I saw her making her way to the game too. I was only joking though !

Hope this isn’t where you are getting your rumour from

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Prince of Partick said:

Caldwell has showed more management ability than our last three managers. I support him (and his powerpoint presentations)  I have seen enough including the first half of last night that we will be challenging. Banzo defo needs a rest, Palmer will be a great player for us, I hope we can keep him until the end of the season. 

Lets not be despondent tonight.

I think that is obvious rubbish so far.

McNamarra took us to a position where we could challenge for the league in about a year and a half. Archie finished the job, not losing a game on the way there. Caldwell hasn’t achieved anything yet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

McNamarra took us to a position where we could challenge for the league in about a year and a half. Archie finished the job, not losing a game on the way there. Caldwell hasn’t achieved anything yet.

So far this season he's achieved getting us the same number of points (or point) as the two part-time teams in the league. Not bad.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Prince of Partick said:

Caldwell has showed more management ability than our last three managers. I support him (and his powerpoint presentations)  I have seen enough including the first half of last night that we will be challenging. Banzo defo needs a rest, Palmer will be a great player for us, I hope we can keep him until the end of the season. 

Sorry, I have been away for a while - I must have missed Caldwell's top 6 SPL finish.

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Ian McCall has:

Finished in the top six of the top tier once

Finished second in the second tier twice

Finished in the play-offs once

Gary Caldwell guided a team with the second or third biggest budget in the league to sixth place.

The idea that his record is more promising or better than any of his three immediate predecessors is, and I believe this is the technical term for it, a complete and utter joke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Ian McCall has:

Gary Caldwell guided a team with the second or third biggest budget in the league to sixth place.

The idea that his record is more promising or better than any of his three immediate predecessors is, and I believe this is the technical term for it, a complete and utter joke.

+1

And Caldwell well has managed some spectacular spells of poor form (1 point out of 6 isn't exactly setting the heather alight), without ever having achieved top 6.

And, no, I don't want Archie back.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Prince of Partick said:

Only one explanation for this statement. You are Caldwell's agent.

8 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Ian McCall has:

Surprised you missed out Ian McCall also got promotions with Ayr United and Falkirk?

16 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I'm surprised you didn't acknowledge the validity of his point.

Clearly it was valid, it was so obvious it didnt need to be acknowledged and he has done nothing comparable with those 3 managers.  However nor do I think he is the anti Christ that Sandy has portrayed him as and is completely personal.  

He had an appalling start, though it has to be said stuck with some atrocious players who should never have been signed - I gave him 3 games in January which seeing as he was now bringing in his own players if he had lost I wanted him back.  He won them - his players were an improvement, he has so far lost only 6 games including Hearts in 2019 so he has improved - but absolutely nowhere near the standard of those guys, time will tell whether he does or not.

In slight defence I will say not sure if any of those guys were working under the shambles that seems to be off the pitch for this last few months, where there really seems to be smoke and mirrors going on and I am finding it difficult to know who to trust.  I will also add that I dont think we are in a relegation battle this season and will be midtable, where I will say we finished midtable 3 times under McCall and once under McNamara - so not every season was brilliant under them and I have to say the last year and a half under archie was at its most politest, nothing less than appalling..

But Im sure you have heard me say this all before umpteen times mate

Thanks for the considered response TL, I appreciate it.

That Archibald lost the plot with his signings after top 6 is evident. Nitriansky? Not to mention the reliance on Booth, Osman and Bannigan all coming back as new men. That went well didn't it?

He utterly was out of control this time last year, so GC gets credit for redeeming things last January (Erskine apart).

I haven't a clue what's going on right now, but it'll be safe to say that this is not the squad that GC wanted to mount a challenge this season.

We need a couple of results in the league, cos away draws to part-time teams are not good enough.

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Thanks for the considered response TL, I appreciate it.

That Archibald lost the plot with his signings after top 6 is evident. Nitriansky? Not to mention the reliance on Booth, Osman and Bannigan all coming back as new men. That went well didn't it?

He utterly was out of control this time last year, so GC gets credit for redeeming things last January (Erskine apart).

I haven't a clue what's going on right now, but it'll be safe to say that this is not the squad that GC wanted to mount a challenge this season.

We need a couple of results in the league, cos away draws to part-time teams are not good enough.

Agree completely Barney.  Worrying and uncertain times on and off the pitch

I have never been particularily interested in the financial side of running a football club. However with around 2500 paying fans -  y'know excluding kids go free and suchlike - at say £20 pounds each, it is £50000 per fortninght or £25,000 a week in gate money alone. That makes us a million pver a 40 week season. This takes no account of all the other money that the club gets and I have no idea how much that might add up to. There are payments for final league position, transfers and move on's. And the pies are dear as.

Without all of the latter, it is unlikely that our earnings are much under £1.5 million per annum ( made up of gates over the assumed 40 weeks and the price of the pies)

Outgoings are perhaps more interesting. The cost of the player pool and those that put them on the park ought to be the first order of business.

Beyond that priority we absolutely require is a way of producing our own talent. And that means all the way from five year olds to potential first team players in a seamless manner. There should be nowhere where the gap is too large to broach, we ought to have teams at every level.

Whoever can take PTFC to that would have my support, but, so far, no-one is offering anything like it. At least as a meaningful manifesto for taking our club forward.

33 minutes ago, douglas clark said:

I have never been particularily interested in the financial side of running a football club. However with around 2500 paying fans -  y'know excluding kids go free and suchlike - at say £20 pounds each, it is £50000 per fortninght or £25,000 a week in gate money alone. That makes us a million pver a 40 week season. This takes no account of all the other money that the club gets and I have no idea how much that might add up to. There are payments for final league position, transfers and move on's. And the pies are dear as.

Without all of the latter, it is unlikely that our earnings are much under £1.5 million per annum ( made up of gates over the assumed 40 weeks and the price of the pies)

Outgoings are perhaps more interesting. The cost of the player pool and those that put them on the park ought to be the first order of business.

Beyond that priority we absolutely require is a way of producing our own talent. And that means all the way from five year olds to potential first team players in a seamless manner. There should be nowhere where the gap is too large to broach, we ought to have teams at every level.

Whoever can take PTFC to that would have my support, but, so far, no-one is offering anything like it. At least as a meaningful manifesto for taking our club forward.

We have a high % of concessions so it will be nearer £16 income per Adult 

1 hour ago, douglas clark said:

Totally agree with you , we do absolutely fine through all the age groups and then we fall down when it comes to the 17s or 18s when we’ve not got the finance to offer them a professional co tract to let them keep on developing.