J Low

Prince of Partick

14 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Surprised you missed out Ian McCall also got promotions with Ayr United and Falkirk?

His Ayr promotion was from the third tier and he left Falkirk in January the year they won the second tier title.

The first is not yet relevant to managerial comparisons any more than the Peterhead play-off is to his comparison with Dick Campbell and the second one therefore didn’t actually happen.

Which is why I never mentioned them!

13 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Clearly it was valid, it was so obvious it didnt need to be acknowledged and he has done nothing comparable with those 3 managers.  However nor do I think he is the anti Christ that Sandy has portrayed him as and is completely personal. 

Just to point out who might actually be the more obsessed...

Sandy hasn’t posted on this thread, TL, let alone about Caldwell.

But you’ve posted about sandy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Just to point out that given he stated that he was resigning from the forum for a year its not surprised he has not posted on it

It was relevant to my post with regards to views about Caldwell which I was asked to do by BR

Edited by Third Lanark

24 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Just to point out that given he stated that he was resigning from the forum for a year its not surprised he has not posted on it

It was relevant to my post with regards to views about Caldwell which I was asked to do by BR

I happen to know that Sandy is actually a golden retriever (hence his dogmatic attitude on occasions). So when he said he was taking a year out break from the forum, he was referring to doggy years.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

BR? Brendan Rodgers? British Rail? Brian Rice? Basil BRush? BRexit?

5 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

He got you there @Third Lanark. Game over,  more credits to continue playing......

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He hasn’t really, I thought my response to him was better even if I do say so mys:thumbsup:elf 

You're an elf now?????? How's that working out for you :white_flag:

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

Yep, worth a wee listen, bit rockabilly for me but had me tapping my feet

Strangely enough it was written by Jeremy Spenser who later left the band and went off to join the 'Children of God' cult …. [I think strong drugs had something to do with his leaving the band]

It was a sort of light hearted flip side to 'Man of the World' and was credited to Earl Vince and the Valiants with Jeremy singing lead.