Dross county Saturday bet fred cup..

Jimmy McD

11 hours ago, Muscat Jag said:

Expected Fox to be our first choice this season. Given that can't think of any reason to drop Sneddon. The fact that Fox used to play for the opposition seems a total irrelevance. 

Could have done better for the second United goal. First one may be some being harsh on him but it was certainly saveable. 

1 hour ago, Alan Murray said:

Also, Caldwell needs to stop playing Cardle out wide against better quality opposition. That's twice he has been caught out not following the runner.  First goal v Hamilton and second goal v United. 

I never thought we’d drop so low as to have “better quality opposition” and “ Hamilton” in the same sentence 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Yep agree both goals were saveable particularly the second one - should have done better.  Im sure he will learn 

Having watched goals, I'm not sure what more he could've done to save first. It's a freak hit. The second, he just spreads himself and striker gets lucky by mis-hitting shot. It doesn't look great because he scrambles to get it but can't get enough on it. 

Sneddon - GK  Had no chance with last week 2nd goal as it was mishit.

Penrice - LB 

O'Ware - CH

McGinty - CH Should be 1st name on team sheet.

Williamson - RB Looks as good as Christie who i was a big fan of.

Bannigan - CM

Palmer - CM

Cardle - LM 2nd name on team sheet

Gordon - #10

De Vita - RM ? Struggling here.  Robson looks decent but he's left sided I believe.

Jones - CF (wish it was Dools)

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

That's the Dools that can't get into the Ayr first team?

Is it not time we all moved on? 

Personally, my concern is not that Jones, Mansell or Miller aren't Dools, it's that they're not BETTER than Dools.

19 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

That's the Dools that can't get into the Ayr first team?

Is it not time we all moved on? 

Personally, my concern is not that Jones, Mansell or Miller aren't Dools, it's that they're not BETTER than Dools.

This is the key point of the script.

GC replaces Dools with Miller, but at what cost and what benefit?

Miller ain't no Scott McDonald.

2 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Sneddon - GK  Had no chance with last week 2nd goal as it was mishit.

Penrice - LB 

O'Ware - CH

McGinty - CH Should be 1st name on team sheet.

Williamson - RB Looks as good as Christie who i was a big fan of.

Bannigan - CM

Palmer - CM

Cardle - LM 2nd name on team sheet

Gordon - #10

De Vita - RM ? Struggling here.  Robson looks decent but he's left sided I believe.

Are you having a laugh?

I like the big guy and he can ping a long pass, but the words scare and bomb are always on my mind.!!

• Like 1

Have no expectation of anything other than a sound thrashing tomorrow. Simply put Dross have improved and sadly we have not: at least to the same extent.

i’m not being negative for the sake of it. I obviously hope I’m wrong and would like nothing more than having to eat humble pie by 16:45 tomorrow afternoon.

Five years ago we thumped County 4-0 at Firhill...it was one of the best performances by the club in recent years. Gary Fraser was outstanding in midfield that evening...it was the first time I saw Abdul Osman play...Banzo, Stephen O'Donnell, Higgy and Lawless were also in that side...we have fallen a long way since.

I saw that Higgy signed for Real Kashmir in the summer...that might not be the best place in the world to be just now...and Higgy never seemed like the calmest individual. 

1 hour ago, Winter of '63 said:

Five years ago we thumped County 4-0 at Firhill...it was one of the best performances by the club in recent years. Gary Fraser was outstanding in midfield that evening...it was the first time I saw Abdul Osman play...Banzo, Stephen O'Donnell, Higgy and Lawless were also in that side...we have fallen a long way since.

We have indeed fallen a long way. Give us two players from then and stick them in to the team tomorrow and I'd be confident of getting a result.

Notes on that....

I'm not one one who thinks the Banzo of today is a pale shadow of back then. Admittedly not quite as effective but if he was playing with comparable class I doubt you'd see too much difference. 

What we don't have is a natural breaker up of play (Abdul) and a midfielder that can drive forward with the ball but equally equipped to distribute (Fraser). Perhaps you can compare Cardle relatively favourably with Lawless (fair argument either way) but we've no flair/match winner type to rival Higgy. Back then SOD had faults to his overall game (mainly defensive) but would be virtually first name on today's team sheet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

We have indeed fallen a long way. Give us two players from then and stick them in to the team tomorrow and I'd be confident of getting a result.

Notes on that....

I'm not one one who thinks the Banzo of today is a pale shadow of back then. Admittedly not quite as effective but if he was playing with comparable class I doubt you'd see too much difference. 

What we don't have is a natural breaker up of play (Abdul) and a midfielder that can drive forward with the ball but equally equipped to distribute (Fraser). Perhaps you can compare Cardle relatively favourably with Lawless (fair argument either way) but we've no flair/match winner type to rival Higgy. Back then SOD had faults to his overall game (mainly defensive) but would be virtually first name on today's team sheet.

Agree entirely - I posted last week that Banzo looked frustrated at the lack of support from his team-mates against Dundee United and he lost the plot towards the end...being asked to play the Osman defensive shield role doesn't help either...the need for a midfielder to protect our defence has been obvious for two seasons now.

As a footnote, Cardle was a sub for County in that game five years ago.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Winter of '63 said:

I saw that Higgy signed for Real Kashmir in the summer...that might not be the best place in the world to be just now...and Higgy never seemed like the calmest individual. 

#rose tinted specs

Ross County were absolutely rank that day. That 4-0 was great but hardly typical of that team who often struggled to create/convert chances. Big wins were rare indeed. They also lacked baws v. Celtic and Aberdeen etc

P.S. Nothing against Winter of 63 - I was born on a Saturday in the winter of 63. Thistle 0 St Johnstone 0 that day

Edited by thebiglemon

2 hours ago, Linlithgow Jag said:

Wasn’t letting me buy my ticket online so I take it you can still pay at the gate/JHS ticket booth?

You can certainly buy from the booth and probably cash gate at the John Lambie stand.

Don't think you can buy tickets online on match day.

I bought mine over the phone as I couldn't assign a ticket to my seat online. Turns out you didn't need to for this game...

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

You can certainly buy from the booth and probably cash gate at the John Lambie stand.

Don't think you can buy tickets online on match day.

I bought mine over the phone as I couldn't assign a ticket to my seat online. Turns out you didn't need to for this game...

Thanks for that. The online ticketing is a joke and needs sorted out. Phoning is so much easier and done that before. 

• Like 1