Dross county Saturday bet fred cup..

Jimmy McD

Brilliant result! The team showed amazing grit to keep going even when we went down and conceded. I thought Miller was excellent as well as Williamson and McGinty. You could see how much it meant to the players at the end of the game. Buzzing for the draw tomorrow!

Edited by Linlithgow Jag

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

This is the first time that I have started a game thread and we get a result..I will need to do it more often...Congratulations to all the team..

That result gives us a bit of hope for the rest of the season, thought Kenny Miller worked his bollocks off for the team today.

Thought we played some good football. But until we scored we never really troubled their keeper. After scoring we could have won it in the last 10 minutes of normal time. Mansell missed a sitter just into extra time. I thought Fox looked dodgy at corners, but he did have a couple of good saves also. Delighted we won. Lets hope for a good draw in the next round. Although what is a good draw. One we get a lot of money from and probably lose, or one we have a chance of winning and getting further in the competition?

Great result. I can't remember the last time we beat higher league opposition.

Still got some defensive problems but we look a lot better team playing 4 at the back. Saunders was decent, Penrice was good but McGinty was the star man to my mind. He created the first goal which put us back in a game that we would have normally struggled to score in. Williamson still looks akward defensively and whilst having bannigan picking up the ball from the back 4 is good to get us moving having him as the only defensive midfielder player does leave gaps. Once Palmer and Robson cam on we looked a lot tighter.

Fox is not great on crosses but his save in the second half from Gardyne is probably a goal with Sneddon in goals.

In attack Jones and Miller look like they will develop a partnership. Jones still lacks some sharpness but he does look like he hold the ball up and link play. However we lack any real pace in any of our front 3 and will struggle to create against teams that sit in.

The manager got his selection, formation, tactics and subs pretty much spot on todayso I think he is due much of the credit for todays result.

• Like 1

Best I have seen us in a while today.  Started well and finished strongly too.  Thought McGinty was terrific and Robson made a big difference when he came on.  Corking free kick by Penrice too.  Fox was a bit shoogly with crosses but otherwise pass marks to all.  As for Spittal, I have no idea his problem with us but even last season I mind him scoring for us and looking moody and not celebrating with the fans so to see his reaction today especially when he was getting no grief perhaps sums up his character.  Anyways Blair, Karma and all that.

4 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

That Caldwell is bloody clueless. That defence will get ripped.

The defence did not "get ripped".

Thought the defence was solid today- the most shaky was  probably Fox. 

We got ourselves into trouble a bit by playing square passes in midfield which were intercepted or when Banzo dwelt on the ball too long. This is clearly how Caldwell has asked them to play however and I whilst there will be some calamities, on balance I do think overall possession football works.

Great result and hopefully a confidence boost for the league.

On another note, such a relief to see Blair Spittal is no longer a Thistle player. We've had some dross over the years but the worst type of footballers are those that have some ability but don't try hard enough.

He thought he was the big man with the 'shush' motion after his goal as he thought he had won the game. He then goes off when his team needed him to stay on and see the game out. Also noticed that county didn't let him take a single free kick or corner which to my mind was his area of expertise. I hope for County's sake the see Spittal as squad player and are not relying on him otherwise he might have another relegation on his record.

56 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Best I have seen us in a while today.  Started well and finished strongly too.  Thought McGinty was terrific and Robson made a big difference when he came on.  Corking free kick by Penrice too.  Fox was a bit shoogly with crosses but otherwise pass marks to all.  As for Spittal, I have no idea his problem with us but even last season I mind him scoring for us and looking moody and not celebrating with the fans so to see his reaction today especially when he was getting no grief perhaps sums up his character.  Anyways Blair, Karma and all that.

I thought that Spittal's celebration was a bit bizarre. Pity that he was not on the pitch at the end of the game to "enjoy" our celebrations. 

2 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Fantastic result! We really are unpredictable aren’t we. Let’s hope this kick starts our season from this point n maybe even fund another signing or 2. A truly massive result in terms of the financial side of it as well on top of the morale. Mon the jags!

How much do we get for reaching the quarter finals?

5 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Was it the league cup and Scottish cup we played East Fife last season ? I thought it was the Challenge cup.

Challenge cup.

Scottish Cup was Stranraer (H).

Edit for being an idiot - yes Ando scored the goal away v East Fife in the Scottish Cup.

Edited by Barney Rubble

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

How much do we get for reaching the quarter finals?

To be honest with you I’m not exactly sure but I’m sure it can only help. Someone on here will know I’d imagine just remember reading somewhere that this was important for us to win for that reason but can’t recall exactly where. Maybe I’m talking rubbish though.