Dross county Saturday bet fred cup..

Jimmy McD

It’s funny how you see things differently. We did start pretty brightly, but after about 15 mins we fell right out of it and should have been 3 down but for some pretty poor finishing by County. I thought De Vita, Gordon And Jones were all bad.

It all changed when Robson and Mansell came on. Robson links really well with Penrice, and seems to be able to find a Thistle player more often than not. Palmer made a further difference when he came on. Not sure he has the stamina for 90 mins yet.

Didnt think we would win when County equalised, but it was great to see them fight for the win.

13 minutes ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

To be honest with you I’m not exactly sure but I’m sure it can only help. Someone on here will know I’d imagine just remember reading somewhere that this was important for us to win for that reason but can’t recall exactly where. Maybe I’m talking rubbish though.

Was just wondering if it would be enough for 1 or 2 players, assuming Caldwell gets it all.

16 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Fantastic result today and the most I've enjoyed a game in a long time. I thought Saunders was outstanding today and Big Sean gets better with every game. Enjoy your Saturday night, one and all.

Saunders was pretty good, although I think it was his clearance that fell to Spittal to score. He did make up for it, though with the winner.

35 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

How much do we get for reaching the quarter finals?

Pretty sure it’s well over £60,000 - board got to provide funds for minimum of one player now especially when Norman springford specifically said the board hoped they could provide more funds in via attendances or a cup run - no excuses now

This was last years cash pot

At the conclusion of the group stage, fifth-placed teams will receive £17,000, fourth-place teams will receive £19,000 and teams finishing third will take home £21,000.

The four worst runners-up, who fail to reach the knockout round, will exit with £25,000 while those knocked out in the last 16 earn £35,000.

A quarter-final exit will earn clubs £60,000, losing semi-finalists will get £80,000 and the runner-up takes home £115,000.

In addition, each of the 12 clubs involved in a televised group stage match will earn £12,500, finalists will receive £32,000 in TV payments and the remaining six broadcasted games will earn clubs £21,500.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Pretty sure it’s well over £60,000 - board got to provide funds for minimum of one player now especially when Norman springford specifically said the board hoped they could provide more funds in via attendances or a cup run - no excuses now

So we should be able to get more signing then at least, hopefully.

• Like 2

I was told that the SFA/SPFL have blocked us for signing anyone until the takeover is sorted out.  Does anyone know if that's true or p!sh??

BTW the guy that said we would play 3 at the back when O'Ware came on, he actually went into midfield.  It looked really weird to me but I suppose it gave us another big centre back when defending corners and O'Ware is pretty mobile and comfortable on the ball for a CB so it wasn't that bad an idea, just looked odd to see him there though.

3 minutes ago, Mr Bunny said:

I was told that the SFA/SPFL have blocked us for signing anyone until the takeover is sorted out.  Does anyone know if that's true or p!sh??

BTW the guy that said we would play 3 at the back when O'Ware came on, he actually went into midfield.  It looked really weird to me but I suppose it gave us another big centre back when defending corners and O'Ware is pretty mobile and comfortable on the ball for a CB so it wasn't that bad an idea, just looked odd to see him there though.

Surely it would have been mentioned in the open day.

4 minutes ago, Mr Bunny said:

Not sure that’s true , not even sure the takeover will actually happen .

Great result as many have said thought Robson was great when he came on had no idea he could play centre mid. Thought Da Vita was dreadful game just passed him by. I didnt think Spittal got a bad reception from the fans so was very suprised at his reaction scoring poor stuff.

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure that’s true , not even sure the takeover will actually happen .

If I was convinced I wouldn't have asked the question.  I guess it's us getting through to the next round and some extra money which we all hope can bring in a player or two which brought it to mind.  As for the takeover, I'm starting to tend to that direction too.

14 minutes ago, Mr Bunny said:

If I was convinced I wouldn't have asked the question.  I guess it's us getting through to the next round and some extra money which we all hope can bring in a player or two which brought it to mind.  As for the takeover, I'm starting to tend to that direction too.

Yeah I think if it was the SFA/SPFL blocking us with signings it would have been stated last Saturday- the board are under a bit of pressure and have specifically said it was the deficit. If anything a ban from the SFA would have relieved the pressure and last Saturday would have given them a chance to explain that

Another few things about the game today. Is this the first time we have used 4 subs in a competitive match ?  Also the crowd was 2053 and I think the announcer said 250 County fans. So only about 1750 Thistle fans, poor crowd for a game that we are trying to get to a national cup quarter final in.

6 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Another few things about the game today. Is this the first time we have used 4 subs in a competitive match ?  Also the crowd was 2053 and I think the announcer said 250 County fans. So only about 1750 Thistle fans, poor crowd for a game that we are trying to get to a national cup quarter final in.

Sure it was 36 County fans 

• Haha 1