Dross county Saturday bet fred cup..

Jimmy McD

1 minute ago, BowenBoys said:

Remember losing 10 - 9 on penalties at Parkhead in the League Cup in 2002?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/2407691.stm

That shoot out has always ripped my underwear.

We had three free goes to put them out.

The last of which was arch-Belfast h*n Stephen Craigan.

Now who would you have as the best person to potentially put Celtic out in a shoot-out?

An arch-Belfast h*n.

But being Thistle..............

I need some clarification, I saw earlier today we get circa £60k for getting the quarter final, is the entrance money shared minus home club expenses ?

Lets say the crowd is 30,000 x £20 entrance =£600k - home club expenes's= £500k /2 = £250k to us plus our £60k = £310k to us, am I right ? that's like selling another Aidan.

Lets also not forget 1971 

Loved yesterday fans and team were magnificent.

22 minutes ago, Prince of Partick said:

I need some clarification, I saw earlier today we get circa £60k for getting the quarter final, is the entrance money shared minus home club expenses ?

Lets say the crowd is 30,000 x £20 entrance =£600k - home club expenes's= £500k /2 = £250k to us plus our £60k = £310k to us, am I right ? that's like selling another Aidan.

Lets also not forget 1971 

Loved yesterday fans and team were magnificent.

Don't think there will be 30,000 there and not everybody will be paying £20 -  you have got child gate and concessions. 

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

That shoot out has always ripped my underwear.

We had three free goes to put them out.

The last of which was arch-Belfast h*n Stephen Craigan.

Now who would you have as the best person to potentially put Celtic out in a shoot-out?

An arch-Belfast h*n.

But being Thistle..............

If goal line technology had been in operation, the penalties may have been unnecessary. Was there not a Scott McLean header that apparently crossed the line , but to which the officials all turned a blind eye?

• Like 1

Here's my homespun arithmetic. Attendance at San Giro 15000. Our take 40%. Average ticket price £16 less VAT = circa £77K. No idea the prize money for reaching the quarter finals but if we take TL's figure of £48K net we should be receiving something around £125K non budgeted income. Obviously I've just picked the 15000 gate out of the air (there was over 16000 the last time we played there in the League Cup) but surely there's enough in the kitty to finance two moderate signings before the window shuts?

Of course I'm not so naive to believe everything mentioned last week is gospel. But if no signings transpire I can well imagine one of the first questions our esteemed CEO and Board will be facing next time they deem a meet the fans gig appropriate.

• Like 1

I'll repeat my Facebook post here...

The chief executive and those board members who participated in last week’s Q&A said the following:

· The previous board was running a budget deficit, but income from player sales and reductions in operational expenditure means the club is now operating on a break-even basis.

· The manager has identified four players he’d like to add to the squad, but there is currently no money left in the playing budget. Money would only be made available for signings if we progressed in the cup and got a decent draw.

Yesterday’s draw was the best we could have hoped for in purely financial terms.

The board has to decide whether it allows the manager to make further signings or holds the money generated by the Celtic cup tie in reserve.

I’m not suggesting it spunks a load of cash based on fanciful figures. But it should be able to forecast what we’re likely to take in – a conservative estimate would be sensible – and if that covers one or more of the manager’s targets.

Hopefully Malcolm Cannon’s commitment to improve communications means we’ll know soon enough.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2019 at 12:59 AM, Auld Jag said:

4 games at Firhill this season so far. We have won 3. 2Against lower league teams and 1 against higher league opposition. Lost our only league game at Firhill so far. We have scored 8 goals and conceded 6. Not bad entertainment so far imo. Any Thistle fan who missed the game yesterday, missed a good game and performance from Thistle. Lets hope we can keep it going.

I appear to have missed the best game of the season due to a previous commitment [a motorhome show in Malvern no less!!] but just getting updates on my phone put me is excellent fettle for the Saturday night. I think this season, to date, has been far, far better than the black depression we had this time last year. 

Never made the game due to holidays - brilliant result and, by all accounts, performance. Especially enjoyable since we managed to match an SPL side - and one that probably won't come straight back down - for stamina and mental energy over 120 minutes on what looked like a hot afternoon.

'Character and self-belief' indeed, Mr Caldwell - keep it up.

20 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Here's my homespun arithmetic. Attendance at San Giro 15000. Our take 40%. Average ticket price £16 less VAT = circa £77K. No idea the prize money for reaching the quarter finals but if we take TL's figure of £48K net we should be receiving something around £125K non budgeted income. Obviously I've just picked the 15000 gate out of the air (there was over 16000 the last time we played there in the League Cup) but surely there's enough in the kitty to finance two moderate signings before the window shuts?

Of course I'm not so naive to believe everything mentioned last week is gospel. But if no signings transpire I can well imagine one of the first questions our esteemed CEO and Board will be facing next time they deem a meet the fans gig appropriate.

I have been informed by my Celtic mate that Celtic operate a home cup ticket scheme where you are guaranteed tickets to any home cup  game up to and including the quarter final. They have 28,000 members in the scheme!! You get a ticket whether you go or not and your bank account is debited. My mate is a member of the scheme. That means before anything else happens we are guaranteed a share of a minimum 28,000 gate, even if less than 20,000 turn up, never mind the Celtic fans that go and are not in the scheme and the jags fans that go. I reckon this was the reason that no official attendance was given at their game v Dunfermline. No excuses for the board not to fund a couple of players before the window shuts,  considering we appear to have already made £90,000 by reaching the quarter finals. Correct Mr Beattie?

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, allyo said:

To be honest, it was rubbish for 80 minutes, but everyone forgot that afterwards. And rightly so!

Disagree. I thought we played well from the start and looked the superior team throughout.

Would have been a travesty if we had lost.

Lots to be positive about.

Am I deluded or just still drunk?