Dross county Saturday bet fred cup..

Jimmy McD

8 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Disagree. I thought we played well from the start and looked the superior team throughout.

Would have been a travesty if we had lost.

Lots to be positive about.

Am I deluded or just still drunk?

Thought we played well, without looking dangerous before we scored. After we scored we looked a lot more dangerous and could have won it in 90 minutes. Overall I think we just deserved to win. Lets hope we can keep it going. Starting Friday night.

26 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Disagree. I thought we played well from the start and looked the superior team throughout.

Would have been a travesty if we had lost.

Lots to be positive about.

Am I deluded or just still drunk?

I was surprised Spittal missed when one on one with Fox. Chances are a streetwise outfit like County would've held on to a 2 goal lead. There were other County attacks that went close. So in that regard we may have rode or luck. The other side of the coin, tho', they near gifted us an own goal in the first half. We definitely ended up the better side and tho' I wouldn't go as far as to say if we lost it would've been a travesty we undoubtedly deserved the win. It's just that better team or not we could easily have gone out losers.

As an aside I reckon a neutral would've enjoyed the game especially the spells when the teams were level. Both sides really going for the winner.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:43 PM, Barney Rubble said:

That shoot out has always ripped my underwear.

We had three free goes to put them out.

The last of which was arch-Belfast h*n Stephen Craigan.

Now who would you have as the best person to potentially put Celtic out in a shoot-out?

An arch-Belfast h*n.

But being Thistle..............

how the linesman never seen Scott McLean's header was way over the line was unreal.  Nearly as bad as Tom Smith's header been offside a few years earlier.

On 8/19/2019 at 8:52 PM, Big Wull said:

how the linesman never seen Scott McLean's header was way over the line was unreal.  Nearly as bad as Tom Smith's header been offside a few years earlier.

I was working as a waiter in the Celtic hospitality that day, I was taking a break watching the match and was in a box directly in line with that goal. It was way over.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twinny said:

I was working as a waiter in the Celtic hospitality that day, I was taking a break watching the match and was in a box directly in line with that goal. It was way over.

There's an idea for a start of a song in that sentence :D

My old man, who rarely goes to any football but introduced me to Thistle, was in Celtic hospitality that night and said the same. Even from our crappy corner view it looked over. It might have won it, it might not, but those missed penalties!!!