Reasons to be positive

Woodstock Jag

Reaching the quarter finals nets the club over £60,000 (it was that price 2 years ago according to the SPFL there is even more money in the league cup)before we even know who we are playing- reasons to be positive- the board now have to bring in a minimum of one player at least possibly more - no excuses now - Norman springford said last weekend that too bring in players we would need to go on a cup run.

if Beattie and this board try to pull a stunt of using the money to boost the price of their shares then every single one of them needs chased out of Firhill immediately- there’s no excuses now for not bringing in a couple of players 

Strange one this. Normally I think we'd now be looking for the most winnable tie (home v Livingston?).  Perhaps goes against the grain but we should be hoping for and welcoming an away tie to either of the ugly sisters and failing that a trip to Embra or Aberdeen. 

Main reason then to be positive is we've a fair chance of a relatively lucrative tie in the quarters.  Realism sucks.

12 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Strange one this. Normally I think we'd now be looking for the most winnable tie (home v Livingston?).  Perhaps goes against the grain but we should be hoping for and welcoming an away tie to either of the ugly sisters and failing that a trip to Embra or Aberdeen. 

Main reason then to be positive is we've a fair chance of a relatively lucrative tie in the quarters.  Realism sucks.

First game 1978 and I've seen one semi final in 40 years. Is it worth tossing away yet another chance just for a 15k crowd at Parkhead / Ibrox?

30 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

First game 1978 and I've seen one semi final in 40 years. Is it worth tossing away yet another chance just for a 15k crowd at Parkhead / Ibrox?

Fair comment. It's just the vibes coming from the Board members last week and also the faint hope of financing another player or (players on loan) that has me thinking that way. Anyways it's not in our hands. I don't even know who'll be fiddling the draw this afternoon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Kilmarnock at home in the next round, followed by a win v sevco in the semis 9-8 on penalties after a 7th minute injury time equaliser by Kenny Miller, and then denying Celtic their fourth treble due to two Penrice free-kicks.

Sound like a positive plan?

Sorry Barney, if Sevco were a goal ahead against Thistle there would never be 7 minutes injury time. If we were a goal ahead there would be 7 minutes injury time though.

32 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Kilmarnock at home in the next round, followed by a win v sevco in the semis 9-8 on penalties after a 7th minute injury time equaliser by Kenny Miller, and then denying Celtic their fourth treble due to two Penrice free-kicks.

Sound like a positive plan?

Kilmarnock at home isn't a positive. Have you looked at our recent record against them at Firhill?

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

Kilmarnock at home isn't a positive. Have you looked at our recent record against them at Firhill?

Yep - but Kilmarnock are in freefall and therefore vulnerable right now after the departure of Steve Clarke. 

And we did beat them at home 25 years ago this week, after all.......................

Always have faith Jagfox, faith can take you places you did not expect to go to.

13 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

So does this mean that Caldwell has got the £200k back ?

I guess if you are sticking to a break-even budget you wouldn't want to spend the money from a cup tie until it actually came in. Either that or you will be accused of being hypocritical and spending money you haven't got. Wasn't that the critcism the new board had of the old?

1 minute ago, scotty said:

I guess if you are sticking to a break-even budget you wouldn't want to spend the money from a cup tie until it actually came in. Either that or you will be accused of being hypocritical and spending money you haven't got. Wasn't that the critcism the new board had of the old?

But follow that and all the pay at the gate and away fans gate money goes into someone’s piggy bank. We do have to forecast some income and add it to budgets or next seasons manager will get a massive pot to spend