Reasons to be positive

Woodstock Jag

It’ll be at least 90 minutes in a funeral Celtic Park: can we get a result probably not, but if I based all my footballing supporting decisions on logic I’d be at Celtic Park or Ibrox (doubt logic would take me there:P) every other week. So I may well go there with ‘hope in my heart’ if precious little expectation.:shakeshout:

Seeing people are talking about our "greatest day"..... I was there too and I had a date that night in Edinburgh with a dolly bird who wore the skimpiest hot pants I've ever seen as well as those shiny leather boots that came up over her thighs . I had got off with her at a student party the night before. I was hours late but her dad had told her I would be as I had told her I was a Jags man.

I'm not going to tell you anymore ......

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jagfaelivi said:

Seeing people are talking about our "greatest day"..... I was there too and I had a date that night in Edinburgh with a dolly bird who wore the skimpiest hot pants I've ever seen as well as those shiny leather boots that came up over her thighs . I had got off with her at a student party the night before. I was hours late but her dad had told her I would be as I had told her I was a Jags man.

I'm not going to tell you anymore ......

is that one of those the older I get, the better I was stories ? 

At my age and after supporting Thistle for so many years/ decades, I should know better. But when we went 2-0 up I thought, game over. We hadn't done a lot, but Morton had done even less and we were 2 goals ahead. As the game went on and time ticked by without Morton really doing much, I just thought don't do anything stupid Thistle. But then the Fox howler and the team just fell to pieces. I will never take it for granted that we have won a game again, until the final whistle.

Nothing to be positive about.

Some said to wait 9 games to judge Caldwell. On this form, we’ll be cut adrift at the bottom by end of the first quarter.

Judge him when he has his own squad, some said. He has built his own squad. And it’s rank rotten. Defenders who can’t defend and attackers who can’t score.

Any more excuses from the GC fan club?

7 hours ago, Big Col said:

Some said to wait 9 games to judge Caldwell. On this form, we’ll be cut adrift at the bottom by end of the first quarter.

Judge him when he has his own squad, some said. He has built his own squad. And it’s rank rotten. Defenders who can’t defend and attackers who can’t score.

I don’t think it’s excuses .....it was as you say ....I was always clear he has had two windows to assemble a squad and  at a minimum we should be in the top four .....to me that’s at the end of the first quarter and at that point if we are where we are he should be gone .....

9 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

At my age and after supporting Thistle for so many years/ decades, I should know better. But when we went 2-0 up I thought, game over. We hadn't done a lot, but Morton had done even less and we were 2 goals ahead. As the game went on and time ticked by without Morton really doing much, I just thought don't do anything stupid Thistle. But then the Fox howler and the team just fell to pieces. I will never take it for granted that we have won a game again, until the final whistle.

More or less the same feelings as yours, but what puzzled me is GC had spoke about making PTFC a 'difficult team to beat'. 

Last night was total capitulation, nothing less.

It's not the end of August and I feel we have lost our sense of purpose, these are bad times

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

I don’t think it’s excuses .....it was as you say ....I was always clear he has had two windows to assemble a squad and  at a minimum we should be in the top four .....to me that’s at the end of the first quarter and at that point if we are where we are he should be gone .....

But why wait till then? Do you honestly see any improvement game in game? The Ross County result looks like a flash in the pan. Uninspiring performances against lower league clubs in the league cup group stage, 1 point out of 9 in first 3 league games, staying up only on final day of last season. Don’t understand why you’re so set on giving him chance after chance, when you were virtually chasing Archibald out the door after each bad result.

11 hours ago, Big Col said:

The only glimmer of hope I would offer is that last nights capitulation was near identical to the Ross County defeat. After that defeat we went on a decent run. We will find out what history has in store. From what other posters have said even if we wanted to we cant sack him for financial reasons. So it looks like a period of self flaggelation for some posters. Then again maybe the takeover will happen.....

35 minutes ago, Big Col said:

But why wait till then? Do you honestly see any improvement game in game? The Ross County result looks like a flash in the pan. Uninspiring performances against lower league clubs in the league cup group stage, 1 point out of 9 in first 3 league games, staying up only on final day of last season. Don’t understand why you’re so set on giving him chance after chance, when you were virtually chasing Archibald out the door after each bad result.

I don’t disagree it’s not  good ....It’s not chance after chance.,.. Archie had a target for the first quarter last season and so should Caldwell... but if  results and performances continue like last night I suspect he won’t be here long....is  there any improvement from last  season .... not that I can see