Vs.Tail of the bank Friday 23.

Jimmy McD

It's Thursday night again and I am going for 2 in a row at starting this weeks game thread...Sorry guys I will miss this one due to going to Tenerife tomorrow...If we start with the 11 that ended the game v dross  c. we should walk it...I will be sitting in 30 dgs on Sunday night watching C.D. Tenerife....

1 hour ago, thebiglemon said:

Thistle 6/5

Morton 11/5 on bet365

Don't see us as clear favourites. Morton's 3-3 draw at Easter Road before losing in ET shows that this will be a tough game to win. Could go either way. 

To put that in context, my Hibs-supporting friend told me that their defence is the most most vulnerable-looking and porous he's seen in all his years of supporting them. Shame we're not in the same division just now! 

2 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

Morton's defense looked pretty poor as well from the highlights I saw. 

I would bring in Robson and Palmer and drop De Vita and Cardle for tonight's match. 

Completely agree. I love Joe but he looked as if he was struggling a bit with his role on Saturday. Robson and Palmer were great when they came on.  Mon the Jags.

At Cappielow the pitch size can influence formation. With less width to cover Cardle should (in theory at least) struggle less. Sense we've been better since ditching the three at the back in so much there's more fluidity to our game. Still feel we 're a bit too rigid in style but that's for another day. Getting ahead of myself, I realise , but wouldn't be surprised if we're in the lead to revert to three centrebacks later on. Normally I'd be saying that would be taking the foot of the gas and a negative move but at Cappielow it makes more sense.

Gripe time. Much as I don't mind standing, charging us £20/£15 for the privilege is rather steep. And the dinky stand across the pitch isn't fit for purpose, unless you're a fan of Ryan Air seating. I suppose tho' it could be argued that since so many require to take up two seats it's actually great value for money.

11 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I have no problem with that.

I was hoping the answer would be 'because Caldo is away looking at potential new signings!'

Strangely enough Cappielow, notwithstanding the justifiable slating it has received above, is one of my favourite away grounds (don't  mock the afflicted, now.)

If you re-arranged the Finnish flag, you could make a Morton strip!