Vs.Tail of the bank Friday 23.

Jimmy McD

Thistle must  be the softest touch in the entire division. A combination of individual error and frail to non-existent self-confidence.

Simply not good enough. Particularly as anyone who has followed Thistle for any length of time would have told you  tut a 2 goal lead at Cappielow is never a guarantee of victory. I’n my honest opinion Caldwell’s tenure at Firhill must surely be under serious pressure now.

21 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Thistle have been utter junk in the second half.

GRE - Lindau's got plenty of previous on here for boasting about how he'll get a ticket from one of his mates when we play the Ugly Sisters and the so called moral dilemma he has.

Just received an abusive PM from Lindau, the detail of which I will not not divulge on here.

You are all intelligent people..........................

• Downvote 1

Although Fox was to blame for the start of the collapse, he couldn't be blamed for all of the mess that entailed after his complete mishandling of a simple 'touch over the bar' save. Where was the player in our team who could calm the nerves and play good possession football?

On this showing, I feel we might have a repeat of last years hell. 

This game reminded me of the Ross County game [last season] where we were 2 up, conceded one goal and then promptly conceded another 3.

What I saw on the park tonight was a collective 'bottling' of a group professional football players. We should be better than that, and the support deserve better than that.

• Like 2

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Don’t think Doolan would be the answer either 

It's nothing to do with "answers". We could win the treble this season and it will always be asterisked for me with *Got rid of a club legend for a broken down ex-***.

Unfortunately for all of us Caldwell is a joke of a manager who has assembled a joke of a team WHO ALSO got rid of a club legend for a broken down ex-***.

He can go, he can go, he can go.

That was a total f*ucking capitulation. Even at 2-0 I simply knew we would blow it, after all we were on live telly, but the way we did it was utterly sickening.

Scott Fox, hang your head in shame! That said the other ten bottled it thereafter. At 2-0 why oh why did we not go for the kill? A third would have killed the game stone dead ,but no, we don't test their keeper once in the 2nd half!

Sometimes it's bloody hard being a Jag :mad:

Yeah he gotta go..  Palmer should have been took off 10-15 mins into second half. He was brutal

You could see that coming the ball was coming straight back at us every time fox punted it up the park. Fox is also an ********.. his kick outs are awful he's terrible from corners and he needs shot for that free kick.

.. 2 Leauge games in a row we were leading at half time and end up with no points. 

That's down to Caldwell.

I think the fault for tonight lies with Fox for the free kick and GC who got his subs badly wrong

Second half after Mansell (who wasn't great) went off we put zero pressue on a very poor Morton defence. He should have pushed Miller up rather than leave him in midfield.

Also once Morton put on Sutton he should have put on O'Ware to protect against the long ball. It was pretty clear that Morton's threat was going to be from crosses and long throw ins. The last 2 goals we got beat to the first ball because the central defenders had an extra Morton target man to pick up and we didn't have anyone who could compete in the air.

GC can't afford too many more mistakes.

Just now, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Although Fox was to blame for the start of the collapse, he couldn't be blamed for all of the mess that entailed after his complete mishandling of a simple 'touch over the bar' save. Where was the player in our team who could calm the nerves and play good possession football?

On this showing, I feel we might have a repeat of last years hell. 

This game reminded me of the Ross County game [last season] where we were 2 up, conceded one goal and then promptly conceded another 3.

What I saw on the park tonight was a collective 'bottling' of a group professional football players. We should be better than that, and the support deserve better than that.

Agree with this.

There was a collective mental freeze after the first Morton goal went in.

Just now, dl1971 said:

Horrible to watch. But to try and single out Kenny miller by some... as a scapegoat is ludicrous. Huge pressure on Caldwell after 3 league games.

Miller was one of the better ones. 

Unacceptable, the season is in danger of being over before it begins. That was awful, even for us.

1 minute ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Miller was one of the better ones. 

Unacceptable, the season is in danger of being over before it begins. That was awful, even for us.

Back to the game - frankly during the second half we looked as though if we lost one, then panic might set in.

And so it turned out to be.

Blaming Fox is way too easy. These things are collective responsibility including GC.

Once Morton got the goal we had no change of tactics, nothing that indicated that we knew what we were doing.

• Like 1