vs. Ayr United, Aug 31

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Just to start the ball rolling:

I predict a win for Ayr.

I have NO confidence in the current Thistle team or manager.

2-1 Ayr, Thistle squandering a half time lead.

Called three league defeats on the spin after the Alloa game, and have seen nothing to change my mind on that.

Silver lining : Alloa have an away game.

I have no confidence in the manager either, and not much in the team of semi-duds he has assembled.

Caldwell, however, has demonstrated the ability to pull off the odd completely unpredictable victory.

Though I suspect Bunter has been rubbing his hands at the thought of an easy three away points, you can never tell.

2 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I have no confidence in the manager either, and not much in the team of semi-duds he has assembled.

Caldwell, however, has demonstrated the ability to pull off the odd completely unpredictable victory.

Though I suspect Bunter has been rubbing his hands at the thought of an easy three away points, you can never tell.

Agreed, Bunter will be gearing up his team to take 3 points off a team that is rudderless and disheartened. I will go to this game expecting the worst, but hoping for the best

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not doubting you, TL, but did he not take that head knock early in the first half? I realise you can get delayed concussion but still kinda strange he was deemed OK to play on for over an hour after the knock.

Unfortunately I think it’s more a ruling is it not LIB that the player has to miss a certain amount of time?

Honestly wish I could think of something positive to say, but I genuinely can’t. Just watched the manager’s view on the capitulation on Friday evening: what I found particularly worrying is Caldwell’s refusal to take responsibility for a group of players which despite everything else he has personally assembled.

• Like 1

Ben Hall to score the only goal...1-0 Ayr Ft. :P

All joking aside will roll out a cliche, a must win game at this early stage.  Hopefully this Zanatta chappie is signed up and ready to go.  Would like to see Sneddon back between the sticks and hopefully TOW has recovered from his knock.  

Andrew Dallas the ref :mellow:

2 hours ago, stillresigned said:

Honestly wish I could think of something positive to say, but I genuinely can’t. Just watched the manager’s view on the capitulation on Friday evening: what I found particularly worrying is Caldwell’s refusal to take responsibility for a group of players which despite everything else he has personally assembled.

Let’s face it I’m sure no one including he was expecting the complete antics from fox to gift the goals the way he did

2 hours ago, stillresigned said:

You almost couldn't have picked a more perfectly representative 'stratified sample' of the teams in our division than we have played so far.

DUFC (serious title contenders); Morton (mid-table no-hopers - like ourselves on a good day, expect we haven't had any yet); Alloa (relegation candidates, possibly like ourselves on a bad day - and we've had three of those so far).

Don't know how many more 'crunch games', 'big tests' and 'really must wins' before people just admit the awful truth.

• Thanks 1