vs. Ayr United, Aug 31

Jaggernaut

The only positive today was Zanatta and he could be the reason we stay in this league. Caldwell deserves credit for signing him but that’s where his credit stops.

i thought we were poor today even when we went in front just like the Morton game.

Williamson was dreadful defensively and will cost us goals this season. Robson wasn’t much better. Hall at times was decent but at other times a complete bomb scare.Jones is not the answer upfront he can’t even make a 3 yard pass and constantly looses possession. He looks unfit.

Caldwell is as safe as houses as we don’t have the cash to get rid. Which is a sad state of affairs.

3 defeats 1 draw and rooted to the bottom of the league.

We are a laughing stock at the moment

37 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Utter utter rubbish 

we deservedly went in at half time ahead ... we were even comfortable at 10 men ..how you can think Ayr were either any good or the hungrier team is beyond me ... if we had kept 11 players on the park we round have won the match

positives: zanatta , hall , good play for our second goal , team trying to equalise after we went down 

Aye but we didn’t win, we lost. We are bottom tonight. 

Pick  the positive bones out of that, Mister!

43 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Utter utter rubbish 

we deservedly went in at half time ahead ... we were even comfortable at 10 men ..how you can think Ayr were either any good or the hungrier team is beyond me ... if we had kept 11 players on the park we round have won the match

positives: zanatta , hall , good play for our second goal , team trying to equalise after we went down 

Hall was a positive?!? Yeah - really good the way he gave away their first goal.

I must have nodded off 2nd half and missed when we were trying to equalise. Oh, you mean the awful free kick from Cardle. Yeah - great.

We are utter crap in every aspect. This club has and has had the whiff of failure over it for a long time now. Everything about the club is amateurish. Jagzone. The hopeless clowns on the board. The jobs for the boys attitude. Replacing one hopeless clown of a manager ( a year too late) with an even bigger clown. Only a club like ours could have someone like J low as chairperson. Wouldn’t have her running the village fete. We show far too much loyalty to failures and injury prone players. Football is a ruthless business and we’re way too soft. A soulless stadium. Dwindling fan base. If we go down I couldn’t give a toss.We are an absolute embarrassment. 

Just now, Big Col said:

What positives did you see in today’s performance?

Zanatta, but apparently we're not allowed to say that because that deflects from the 'let's lynch Caldwell' campaign.

We were comfortable in that game. Until the poor pass back from Hall - which he was complaining was the result of a foul the referee missed, hard to believe, I know - Ayr had done nothing. We were in the driving seat and dominating the game.

If we'd come out in the second half with 11 men and 2-1 up, we'd have won that game.

Even defending the lead with 10 men, we were comfortable.

The team played well. But no team can deal comfortably with a two-man disadvantage against any opponent, even opponents as poor as Ayr were today.

Ayr United are currently second in the league: we are miles better than them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

Sorry, nothing personal, but - nonsense.

As I've already posted, it's not possible to blame that defeat on Caldwell. Well, not unless you're so determined to see him gone that you'll take any opportunity to make the case for his dismissal.

BOTH sending off's were at best bookings. Yes, Zanatta was the best player by a mile, but he was clearly out on his feet. We needed someone to hold the ball up and Mansell was the sensible choice.

If we sack Caldwell now God knows what we'll have to pay in compensation, before we can even begin to think of a replacement. We're only four games into the season and we're far away from it being 'too late'.

Time to cool the beans.

Got to disagree Firhillista, watch Bannigans tackle back , red card every day of the week , Shea Gordon’s should have been a yellow .

Think you’ve got to look at Caldwell’s tenure as a whole and it’s not good enough, how long do you give him in a results driven business.

Ayr United have an experienced manager with probably a 1/3 of our resources , lost their 3 best players in Shankland, Rose and Mcdaid and are already 8 points ahead of us in the League.

Time for Ian McCall to come back and get the feel good factor back into our Club.

Get beaten by Arbroath in the league in 2 weeks time and I think Caldwell will be gone..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Sandy is that all you can say - revels in defeats, making huffy announcements about resigning from forums, sick arrogant jokes - really think a good look in the mirror about what a nasty little man you are

Oh dear, nurse the curtains ;)

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Get beaten by Arbroath in the league in 2 weeks time and I think Caldwell will be gone

Absolutely agree. We can't continue to bump along at the bottom of the Championship.

The only point I'm making is that today's game is no measurement of Caldwell's position as our manager.

If we win against Arbroath? We'll, let's wait and see.

5 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

Zanatta, but apparently we're not allowed to say that because that deflects from the 'let's lynch Caldwell' campaign.

We were comfortable in that game. Until the poor pass back from Hall - which he was complaining was the result of a foul the referee missed, hard to believe, I know - Ayr had done nothing. We were in the driving seat and dominating the game.

If we'd come out in the second half with 11 men and 2-1 up, we'd have won that game.

Even defending the lead with 10 men, we were comfortable.

The team played well. But no team can deal comfortably with a two-man disadvantage against any opponent, even opponents as poor as Ayr were today.

Ayr United are currently second in the league: we are miles better than them.

Please explain as after 4 games they’re  8 points  a head of us

18 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Zanatta is a quality player. Hall is another Caldwell dud. Jones is not and never will be a football player.

How big Tam never got on the pitch is a complete bewilderment when Ayr were all over us and the players were all standing off. That was when a leader was needed on the pitch. 

I totally disagree that the manager has assembled a good squad. It smacks of Archibald’s journeymen and inexperienced talentless duds that no other club wanted. Anyone who thinks we will be successful with this squad and manager are deluded.

Blame the ref all you want for today’s result but it’s not him who has got us 1 point out of 12 and has us languishing bottom of the table tonight.

As sure as the sun coming up in the morning as soon as Thistle lose you and your pal Sandy are on spouting your negativity.

Have you no concept or understanding the  notion of " supporting a team". It is when things are going against the team that real supporters  stand up and get behind the team. Not spit the dummy . Yes I get you don't like Caldwell, but he is the manager and until that changes  he should have our support.

There is no doubt that endless negativity from "supporters" translates to the players and creates additional pressure. 

Just now, Firhillista said:

Absolutely agree. We can't continue to bump along at the bottom of the Championship.

The only point I'm making is that today's game is no measurement of Caldwell's position as our manager.

If we win against Arbroath? We'll, let's wait and see.

Though if we lose against Arbroath then his position surely is untenable

2 minutes ago, Emsca said:

As sure as the sun coming up in the morning as soon as Thistle lose you and your pal Sandy are on spouting your negativity.

Have you no concept or understanding the  notion of " supporting a team". It is when things are going against the team that real supporters  stand up and get behind the team. Not spit the dummy . Yes I get you don't like Caldwell, but he is the manager and until that changes  he should have our support.

There is no doubt that endless negativity from "supporters" translates to the players and creates additional pressure. 

Sorry to disappoint you but I don’t know Sandy. I supported the team throughout the whole 90 minutes today - not one negative comment or shout during the match. 

Don’t start this “real supporters” nonsense. What makes you a better supporter than me? Do you not want success for the club? Do you think Caldwell and the squad he has assembled will give us success? 

28 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Sandy is that all you can say - revels in defeats, making huffy announcements about resigning from forums, sick arrogant jokes - really think a good look in the mirror about what a nasty little man you are

Is there a b-side to this single?

Edited by Barney Rubble

12 minutes ago, Emsca said:

That’s not how football works , it’s a results driven business and I’m sure if the team was playing well , playing good attacking football and scoring lots of goals then Gary Caldwell would have the full support of everyone.