vs. Ayr United, Aug 31

Jaggernaut

4 minutes ago, jaf said:

It is remarkable that a manager who had got us to the top six was paid less than an incoming replacement who had managed for part of 5 different seasons and had 4 (ultimate) relegations and 1 promotion over those seasons. 

If what we are told is correct about the number of people interviewed for the job, the two year notice period and that he is paid more than Archie was, then for these reasons alone the previous board ought to have been marched out the door as that would be staggering. 

I’m not aware that any of this has been confirmed as fact ? 

First Gordon should have been a yellow at the most. Bannigan I really don't think can have any complaints at all. For a player with his experience and knowing a team mate had been sent off for a lot less it was a very bad tackle to make. Zanatta had an excellent debut and I hope he can keep it going. I think Caldwell was slow to react when we went down down to nine men . I don't know if we would have won this game or not if it had stayed 11 v 11, but we now sit bottom of the league. Having taken only 1point from 4 games, 3 of which we have lead at half time this reminds me of when Caldwell first came to our club, we only picked up 1point from his first 6games. I have said we cannot afford a repeat of this form. If it is true though his contract means if we were to sack him it will be very costly for us. Whoever agreed to that has to be questioned for that decision. It was a pleasure to speak to @Blackpool Jags who said what a great tribute to Robert the memorial plaque is. It is always good to speak to posters from this forum and I now speak to @partickthedogand @Camallain on a regular basis.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 3

Just now, javeajag said:

“If what we are told is correct”. My post said so your post seems totally pointless as you are just confirming what I acknowledged in mine!!! 

you expect a fans football forum to be an evidence based court of law  (when it suits you)   I expect it to be a fans football forum filled with non libellous speculation rumour conjecture and opinion  

In any case,  we do not know any of it is untrue .....(time will surely tell) 

5 minutes ago, jaf said:

“If what we are told is correct”. My post said so your post seems totally pointless as you are just confirming what I acknowledged in mine!!! 

you expect a fans football forum to be an evidence based court of law  (when it suits you)   I expect it to be a fans football forum filled with non libellous speculation rumour conjecture and opinion  

In any case,  we do not know any of it is untrue .....(time will surely tell) 

Jesus chill.....Told by whom ? Selective believing of things in here is just that.   Ive seen this repeated on here several times but I can’t find anything g that confirms it ....But to join in I’ve heard he’s on a weeks notice 

5 hours ago, Firhillista said:

Today's loss had nothing to do with Gary Caldwell and everything to do with appalling officiating. I get that the players 'gave the referee a decision to make', but he made the wrong decision, twice. There's no way that Gordon's tackle warranted a red card and Bannigan was as surprised as anyone when the Ayr player ran into his raised foot - he didn't know he was there!

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the managerial situation, today's game doesn't clarify things either way.

However, we're bottom of the table and that can't continue for long.

You're right about Gordon, completely accidentally caught the Ayr player. The referee was almost beyond belief today. Definitely cost us the 3 points. Disagree about Bannigan, about the only thing that prick Dallas got right all day. Definite straight red. Shadow of the player he used to be. Very sad. 

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

@ Sandy @ Mat  - Know both of you personally - you are both Good Guys and both have the Club at  Heart - the last 18 Months have been the most divisive Ive ever seen the support - we are going to disagree - we will have differing ways of expressing frustration - but both of you are Good Jags Fans of the highest standing - so can I ask you both wipe the slate clean start again - its not a good time to be supporting the Jags - but as two people I like-  a personal request for you both to bury the hatchet 

Jim Alexander   

Agreed Jim and fair points accepted il stop my run ins with sandy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

@Third Lanark I'm receiving multiple reports about your posts tonight. 

You might want to step away and stop posting for a bit and you certainly want to give thought to how you post and how you react to certain posters. 

Apologies if I have caused you bother I probably did overstep the Mark.  Ibe only just started watching in the line of duty - where have I been the last few years so binge watching it a bit :thumbsup:

Won’t stop me posting but will try and avoid heated arguments 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Let’s not blame the ref we were a goal to the good with 10 and 9 men yet the manager never reacted, he waited till we had thrown the lead and game away. 

We have been leaking goals all season yet Tam O’Ware doesn’t get a look in, our most experienced defender at this league , why?

He keeps playing formations that don’t suit players, he won’t adapt. Or can’t adapt, he seems to have perfected tactics and formations on the computer playing championship manager with Messi Ronaldo etc in his squad and is now trying to shoehorn our squad into this set up. (This is exactly what Wigan and Chesterfield fans have also stated).

Players clearly are not happy and after the bust up at halftime last Friday with 4 players (1going toe to toe with him) it’s clear his message isn’t getting through.

Weve had 1 clean sheet this season (Airdrie), have 1 point in the league and have conceded 16 goals in  9 competitive games. 

Are we any better off than a year ago, even though some of the higher paid players are on more now than top earners then and manager is on more than previous (plus we pay a flat for him in Thornley park) 

Shut up!

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Apologies if I have caused you bother I probably did overstep the Mark.  Ibe only just started watching in the line of duty - where have I been the last few years so binge watching it a bit :thumbsup:

Won’t stop me posting but will try and avoid heated arguments 

We are all feeling pretty raw over Thistle. What with our performances on the field and all the shenanigans off it. It is a tumultuous time for Thistle fans.

• Like 2

I seem to remember Caldwell praising the number of bookings in a recent game which he saw as a sign of us being more competitive. For me this is an alarming sign; that he is getting players to play at the very margins of what is acceptable in the game. The results of this approach may well have been a factor in the two sendings off today. Caldwell is an astute analyst of the game but I'm really beginning to doubt his ability to manage, motivate and organise  players at this, or indeed any, level. Football players are a much more sensitive bunch than  many people realise and it takes empathy and tact to get the very best out of them. I'm beginning to seriously doubt that Caldwell has these qualities.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thornwood Jag said:

I seem to remember Caldwell praising the number of bookings in a recent game which he saw as a sign of us being more competitive. For me this is an alarming sign; that he is getting players to play at the very margins of what is acceptable in the game. The results of this approach may well have been a factor in the two sendings off today. Caldwell is an astute analyst of the game but I'm really beginning to doubt his ability to manage, motivate and organise  players at this, or indeed any, level. Football players are a much more sensitive bunch than  many people realise and it takes empathy and tact to get the very best out of them. I'm beginning to seriously doubt that Caldwell has these qualities.

Astute analyst? 

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Let’s not blame the ref we were a goal to the good with 10 and 9 men yet the manager never reacted, he waited till we had thrown the lead and game away. 

We have been leaking goals all season yet Tam O’Ware doesn’t get a look in, our most experienced defender at this league , why?

He keeps playing formations that don’t suit players, he won’t adapt. Or can’t adapt, he seems to have perfected tactics and formations on the computer playing championship manager with Messi Ronaldo etc in his squad and is now trying to shoehorn our squad into this set up. (This is exactly what Wigan and Chesterfield fans have also stated).

Players clearly are not happy and after the bust up at halftime last Friday with 4 players (1going toe to toe with him) it’s clear his message isn’t getting through.

Weve had 1 clean sheet this season (Airdrie), have 1 point in the league and have conceded 16 goals in  9 competitive games. 

Are we any better off than a year ago, even though some of the higher paid players are on more now than top earners then and manager is on more than previous (plus we pay a flat for him in Thornley park) 

This.

6 hours ago, jim slavin's lunchbox said:

Sandy has a Semi for Semi

Semi gives Sandy a hand shandy

If there are two bigger “fan bois” on this site, I’ve yet to see them.

get a room bois

Look at what crawled out of the woodwork with his 'ironic' Celtic strip. 

I love your alliteration, would rate it at about primary 2 level.

Big game tomorrow of course, which is why this bell end's at a loose end today.

6 hours ago, Kingleo said:

“ sandy has a semi for semi”.  Crude but f*** I laughed at that one. Correct me if I’m wrong but was sandy not one who defended Archie right up to the end when it was obvious he should have been punted a year earlier or at the very least minutes after livi play off 

Very telling that it amused you, takes one homophobic cretin to know another I suppose.

I actually had a feeling earlier in the week that Bannigan was about to get red-carded again. 

I loved him until he got injured, despite all the needless yellow cards he regularly and rightly received.

Now, he's nothing special; in fact, he's a liability. Probably cheesed off that all of his ex-team mates have moved on and are mostly doing well and probably earning more at other clubs. But he's unlikely to do equally as well when his game is mostly about passing sideways and kicking people.

Anyway, before I knew yesterday's score my brother texted just these words: "He has got to go, now," and I knew.

How many goals will we concede against Arbroath? Hell, I'll say another three; we're on a roll.

7 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

First Gordon should have been a yellow at the most. Bannigan I really don't think can have any complaints at all. For a player with his experience and knowing a team mate had been sent off for a lot less it was a very bad tackle to make. Zanatta had an excellent debut and I hope he can keep it going. I think Caldwell was slow to react when we went down down to nine men . I don't know if we would have won this game or not if it had stayed 11 v 11, but we now sit bottom of the league. Having taken only 1point from 4 games, 3 of which we have lead at half time this reminds me of when Caldwell first came to our club, we only picked up 1point from his first 6games. I have said we cannot afford a repeat of this form. If it is true though his contract means if we were to sack him it will be very costly for us. Whoever agreed to that has to be questioned for that decision. It was a pleasure to speak to @Blackpool Jags who said what a great tribute to Robert the memorial plaque is. It is always good to speak to posters from this forum and I now speak to @partickthedogand @Camallain on a regular basis.

@Blackpool Jags is a sound as a pound, I met him though a previous Forum user. I met @partickthedog last time I saw you AJ. 

One of the positives of this Forum is that it brings fans together. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, javeajag said:

Newspaper reports at the time say it was a 2 year fixed contract (not rolling), but that doesn't suit the anti old-board agenda, so I am probably wrong. Anyone who says they know what his salary is, is either an insider or spreading propaganda 

Zanatta had a great debut and almost won us the game on his own. Hall the opposite, he looked ropey throughout but hasn't played a lot of football recently so can perhaps be excused. I think he will be a good addition.

Gordon's red was probably a bit unfair but it was a stupid challenge and completely unecessary, possibly fuelled by adrenaline from scoring a minute earlier. Bannigan knew exactly what he was doing and was as clear a sending off as you will see. What annoyed me about the ref was his inconsistency and his reluctance to punish Ayr players for bookable offences.

Williamson usually looks decent going forward but poor in defence. Yesterday he looked neither and his performance was awful across the board. 

Bannigan's frustration perhaps came from losing the captaincy to new fans favourite, yet still an absolute cart horse, Sean McGinty. Perhaps we should play him up front, he looked really good in the last third a couple of times compared to constantly kicking the ball out the park or to the opposition when he is in defence. Yes, he's improved from last season, but still loves giving the ball to the other team. We've lost 8 goals in the last three games. It can't go on.

Unlike a lot of others, I was definitely one for giving the manager a chance but after Cappielow last week I said I couldn't take his brand of hoofball any more. Yesterday did look a bit better and it is difficult to appoint too much of the blame to Caldwell. However, bottom of the table after four games brings its own pressure and, if we don't get a couple of wins soon, it may be another long season.

15 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Newspaper reports at the time say it was a 2 year fixed contract (not rolling), but that doesn't suit the anti old-board agenda, so I am probably wrong. Anyone who says they know what his salary is, is either an insider or spreading propaganda 

Caldwell was appointed on a contract until June 2020. It's not rolling.

Archie and Shaggy were originally on 12 month rolling contracts (as was Jackie Mac)  but both signed three year deals in 2016, hence the reason they were still being paid until June this year.

39 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He has been an atrocious appointment regardless of his salary or his contract details. 

• Like 1

Both red cards for me but neither malicious as such. 

The lack of changes after going to 9 was unbelievable management.

Also not getting the Bannigan hate I've read everywhere. He was comfortably the best midfielder on the park today until, well he wasn't on the park. The only one of the three today who has any passing and positional  ability. 

• Like 1