Jump to content

Jaggernaut

vs. Ayr United, Aug 31

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Just to start the ball rolling:

I predict a win for Ayr.

I have NO confidence in the current Thistle team or manager.

2-1 Ayr, Thistle squandering a half time lead.

Called three league defeats on the spin after the Alloa game, and have seen nothing to change my mind on that.

Silver lining : Alloa have an away game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no confidence in the manager either, and not much in the team of semi-duds he has assembled.

Caldwell, however, has demonstrated the ability to pull off the odd completely unpredictable victory.

Though I suspect Bunter has been rubbing his hands at the thought of an easy three away points, you can never tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I have no confidence in the manager either, and not much in the team of semi-duds he has assembled.

Caldwell, however, has demonstrated the ability to pull off the odd completely unpredictable victory.

Though I suspect Bunter has been rubbing his hands at the thought of an easy three away points, you can never tell.

Agreed, Bunter will be gearing up his team to take 3 points off a team that is rudderless and disheartened. I will go to this game expecting the worst, but hoping for the best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Just to start the ball rolling:

I predict a win for Ayr.

I have NO confidence in the current Thistle team or manager.

 

Don't bother turning up then with an attitude like that  

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayr will troop up expecting 3 points against our powderpuffs and our diddy manager. My attitude is born of 2 years of this pish and disappointment. How much more are we expected to take?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Can you expand on that? What did he say ?

Sorry, Mail on Sunday (can't copy and paste here for some reason - check 'press reader website). 3 games into the season and, unprompted, the guy who we are very much looking to is mentioning the 'R' word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we don't want this season to be the same or worse than last season we need to start winning games Our next 4 games , including this one are all winnable and we should be looking to do that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Report in from my mate an ayr fan is that they were terrible on Saturday and qos played them off the park. 

So perhaps there is more hope......

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Penrice will likely be out following the concussion ruling

Not doubting you, TL, but did he not take that head knock early in the first half? I realise you can get delayed concussion but still kinda strange he was deemed OK to play on for over an hour after the knock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not doubting you, TL, but did he not take that head knock early in the first half? I realise you can get delayed concussion but still kinda strange he was deemed OK to play on for over an hour after the knock.

Unfortunately I think it’s more a ruling is it not LIB that the player has to miss a certain amount of time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Unfortunately I think it’s more a ruling is it not LIB that the player has to miss a certain amount of time?

If that is the case, why was he allowed back on on Friday ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly wish I could think of something positive to say, but I genuinely can’t. Just watched the manager’s view on the capitulation on Friday evening: what I found particularly worrying is Caldwell’s refusal to take responsibility for a group of players which despite everything else he has personally assembled.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Hall to score the only goal...1-0 Ayr Ft. :P

All joking aside will roll out a cliche, a must win game at this early stage.  Hopefully this Zanatta chappie is signed up and ready to go.  Would like to see Sneddon back between the sticks and hopefully TOW has recovered from his knock.  

Andrew Dallas the ref :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stillresigned said:

Honestly wish I could think of something positive to say, but I genuinely can’t. Just watched the manager’s view on the capitulation on Friday evening: what I found particularly worrying is Caldwell’s refusal to take responsibility for a group of players which despite everything else he has personally assembled.

Let’s face it I’m sure no one including he was expecting the complete antics from fox to gift the goals the way he did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stillresigned said:

Honestly wish I could think of something positive to say, but I genuinely can’t. Just watched the manager’s view on the capitulation on Friday evening: what I found particularly worrying is Caldwell’s refusal to take responsibility for a group of players which despite everything else he has personally assembled.

You almost couldn't have picked a more perfectly representative 'stratified sample' of the teams in our division than we have played so far.

DUFC (serious title contenders); Morton (mid-table no-hopers - like ourselves on a good day, expect we haven't had any yet); Alloa (relegation candidates, possibly like ourselves on a bad day - and we've had three of those so far).

Don't know how many more 'crunch games', 'big tests' and 'really must wins' before people just admit the awful truth.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twenty four hours.

Twenty comments 

And no one has dared mention it.

He is coming (back).

Be afraid (should we)?

9

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×