Glasgow cup

dibble

From the Glasgow FA web site

The City of Glasgow Cup 2019-20

The City of Glasgow Cup

Format revised again for 2019-20

This season’s City of Glasgow Cup sees the introduction of a further revised format. This season's competition will be played by the ‘Colts’ (Under-21) sides of Rangers and Celtic, and the first teams of the other member clubs, Clyde, Partick Thistle, and Queen’s Park.  Clyde make a welcome return to the competition after a few years’ absence. 
The participating teams will play each other twice in a round-robin league. The final league placings will determine the line-up for the City of Glasgow Cup Final (1st v 2nd), details of which will be announced once the round-robin matches are complete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Camallain said:

From the Glasgow FA web site

The City of Glasgow Cup 2019-20

The City of Glasgow Cup

Format revised again for 2019-20

This season’s City of Glasgow Cup sees the introduction of a further revised format. This season's competition will be played by the ‘Colts’ (Under-21) sides of Rangers and Celtic, and the first teams of the other member clubs, Clyde, Partick Thistle, and Queen’s Park.  Clyde make a welcome return to the competition after a few years’ absence. 
The participating teams will play each other twice in a round-robin league. The final league placings will determine the line-up for the City of Glasgow Cup Final (1st v 2nd), details of which will be announced once the round-robin matches are complete.

Cheers, saved me searching. I might have went if I’d known

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

We beat their U21 team.

Far from convinced we should've agreed to this set up. Thin edge of the wedge and all that.

Given the current format of the Challenge Cup, or should that be the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup :bag: , it would be a bit difficult to refuse. The ugly sisters have treated the Glasgow cup with utter contempt for years so I think it's a step in the right direction to see at least some of the competitors playing their first teams again.

I'd rather see us in Reserve League One or Reserve League Two playing four or five first team squad players (fewer maybe if the latter league) than this convoluted tournament. Take your point tho' about the Challenge Cup.

What I really object to is us having to play six first team players. That's fine just now but later on could be problematic and imo totally unnecessary.

6 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

yes, I thought that a strange place to have the game … I would have went to that game had it been advertised.

my guess is we no longer have access to Lesser Hampden?

It was Rangers' home game...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1