Jump to content

gianlucatoni

Statement

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, scotty said:

And this is the reason that the bigotry continues in Scottish football. Fans who don't give a rat's arse for anyone but themselves and their own!

Utter pish! I loathe the bigotry caused by the two scumbags and the compliant gutless authorities who do nothing about it. It also needs a political will, which is not forthcoming. The point I was making is I don't give a rats arse about the song in offending a Jags fan, as he clearly states because of his religion. Religions and Monarchy are loathsome institutions that have caused more society problems than anything else. Odious disgusting g people control levers of a dreadful society we live in today 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Utter pish! I loathe the bigotry caused by the two scumbags and the compliant gutless authorities who do nothing about it. It also needs a political will, which is not forthcoming. The point I was making is I don't give a rats arse about the song in offending a Jags fan, as he clearly states because of his religion. Religions and Monarchy are loathsome institutions that have caused more society problems than anything else. Odious disgusting g people control levers of a dreadful society we live in today 

You loathe the bigotry but don't mind if the offense comes from your own side? You're coming across just like one of those odious and disgusting people, just with the added chip of not controlling any levers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scotty said:

You loathe the bigotry but don't mind if the offense comes from your own side? You're coming across just like one of those odious and disgusting people, just with the added chip of not controlling any levers.

Really? That is your opinion, but you certainly don't have the brains to compute what I am actually saying do you? 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Really? That is your opinion, but you certainly don't have the brains to compute what I am actually saying do you? 

Oh wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the SEA are truly intent upon following through policies in regard of fan behaviour then why have clear and overt steps not been taken in the aftermath of the events at Rugby Park? Without doubt visiting fans damaged property, endangered other fans and invaded the pitch (and if you looked closely there were players not retreating to the half way line and were by default part of the situation). The answer is that the SFA are nervous to the point of being afraid of the Ibrox organisation and the media lackies who support them with the oxygen of positive publicity. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Class of his own this guy - 'chips' and 'levers'.

Without doubt, consistently one of the biggest tossers in this forum. A standout in fact.

Another wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who is offended by it needs to sit down and actually think about it.

The lyrics are not F THE Pope and F THE Queen - its F YOUR Pope and F YOUR Queen. I.e. F the twisted version and view that the ugly sisters have. 

It is definitely not sectarian and has been proven as such in a court of law.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The song is outdated and outmoded like some of the opinions on here. Time to move on., imo. I’ve sung it in the past but even the semantics of it have changed from **** your monarch/ head of the C.o.E/ head of the Catholic Church (delete where applicable to FTQ/ FTP which is just bigoted OF patter whether both are named or not. 

I know Rangers sing about Kings and Queens but do Celtic fans sing about the pope? I genuinely don’t know but can’t think of any examples so that part is as UEFA would say ‘Racist sectarianism’. 

Followers of Partick Thistle come from a wide church so don’t surprised if people take offence to it. Personally I couldn’t give two hoots about monarchy or organised religion but I wouldn’t want to alienate any of my fellow Thistle supporters knowingly. There’s few enough of us who make the effort to go to games as it is.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Col said:

Anyone who is offended by it needs to sit down and actually think about it.

The lyrics are not F THE Pope and F THE Queen - its F YOUR Pope and F YOUR Queen. I.e. F the twisted version and view that the ugly sisters have. 

It is definitely not sectarian and has been proven as such in a court of law.

It was FTQ and FTP getting sung at Morton. Why the **** are we singing it at Morton anyway?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jagfox said:

It was FTQ and FTP getting sung at Morton. Why the **** are we singing it at Morton anyway?

Good question. In the shed days, it was definitely YOUR and not THE. Sounds like our younger generation of fans have adopted the wrong lyrics. Maybe we should have a large banner with the correct lyrics on it..................

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Good question. In the shed days, it was definitely YOUR and not THE. Sounds like our younger generation of fans have adopted the wrong lyrics. Maybe we should have a large banner with the correct lyrics on it..................

Definitely was ‘your’ when I’ve sang it mate. As you say it’s now just another Glasgow football song and on other social media it’s stated as FTP and FTQ.  I think it’s just had it’s day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jagfox said:

The song is outdated and outmoded like some of the opinions on here. Time to move on., imo. I’ve sung it in the past but even the semantics of it have changed from **** your monarch/ head of the C.o.E/ head of the Catholic Church (delete where applicable to FTQ/ FTP which is just bigoted OF patter whether both are named or not. 

I know Rangers sing about Kings and Queens but do Celtic fans sing about the pope? I genuinely don’t know but can’t think of any examples so that part is as UEFA would say ‘Racist sectarianism’. 

Followers of Partick Thistle come from a wide church so don’t surprised if people take offence to it. Personally I couldn’t give two hoots about monarchy or organised religion but I wouldn’t want to alienate any of my fellow Thistle supporters knowingly. There’s few enough of us who make the effort to go to games as it is.

 

Well said. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Col said:

Anyone who is offended by it needs to sit down and actually think about it.

The lyrics are not F THE Pope and F THE Queen - its F YOUR Pope and F YOUR Queen. I.e. F the twisted version and view that the ugly sisters have. 

It is definitely not sectarian and has been proven as such in a court of law.

But some of our own support have said they are offended, so do you think it right to sing a song offending people just because you don’t think they should be ?

They are, have said they are, so just don’t sing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But some of our own support have said they are offended, so do you think it right to sing a song offending people just because you don’t think they should be ?

They are, have said they are, so just don’t sing it

So if a handful of people are offended by something, we all have to stop doing something?

Nonsense. 

3 people out of an audience of millions complain about an advert as it offends them and it gets taken off air. This is the same sort of thing.

 

Edited by Big Col

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Col said:

So if a handful of people are offended by something, we all have to stop doing something?

Nonsense. 

3 people out of an audience of millions complain about an advert as it offends them and it gets taken off air. This is the same sort of thing.

 

Its not really as sectarianism and racism shouldn't have a part of football. That's just my opinion.

So many questions so if we have 3 black fans and the JL make monkey noises to an opposition player of colour that would be okay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Big Col said:

 But it’s not a sectarian song. That’s the point.

Maybe not twenty - thirty years ago but it has become one. If it upsets our own fans then surely we should be able to agree that we shouldn't sing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was upset and offended today by a large number of people constantly using the F word and other swear words. I’m sure there were others who felt the same way.

Do I have the right to expect them to be ejected form the ground or a statement from the Chief Executive saying that there is to be no swearing at a football match?

(Incidentally I don’t particularly care if the song is sung or not. I think we have bigger problems to be concerned about at the present time).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Col said:

I was upset and offended today by a large number of people constantly using the F word and other swear words. I’m sure there were others who felt the same way.

Do I have the right to expect them to be ejected form the ground or a statement from the Chief Executive saying that there is to be no swearing at a football match?

(Incidentally I don’t particularly care if the song is sung or not. I think we have bigger problems to be concerned about at the present time).

You could complain, yes. Then again today deserved plenty of effing and jeffing in my book lol

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scotty said:

Maybe not twenty - thirty years ago but it has become one. If it upsets our own fans then surely we should be able to agree that we shouldn't sing it.

How exactly does an anti-sectarian song become a sectarian one in twenty-thirty years?  Why are we having to defend being anti-sectarian given what goes on in Glasgow every week at either Ibrox or Parkhead?  This whole situation is nonsense and we should be treating it as such.  Bigger problems at the club than this pish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from anything else, the essence of the divide is how the supporters of the 2 cheeks of the one arse view the political situation in Ireland, one lot want the status quo for NI, the other a united Ireland.    Apart from anything else the P and Q are symbols but are only a rough measure of who supports who.    We can't afford to alienate current and potential supporters and yeah sadly the authorities will continue to dodge punishing the OF however time to consign this song  to the dustbin of history.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason bigotry exists is because the gullible believe their man made religion was handed down by the invisible man in the sky.So they're right and everybody else is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×