Who Will Replace Caldwell?

Semi Nurainen

57 minutes ago, dibble said:

Heard from inside McCall announced Monday .  I posted the other day I didn’t think McCall would come so was very wrong.  He knows Ayr will never go up

He has also read Caldwell saying the current Thistle squad(who are currently bottom of the league)are good enough for promotion. No brainer then.

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I wouldn't be against that, if it was Archie on his own i would say no chance but both together then yes. The only problem is the weirdness of Archie coming back and being McCalls number 2...that sounds or surely would feel weird for Archie and the players no?

So what? Its weird for them initially - tough. The poor wee delicate flowers will just need to get on with it.

Anyway most of the squad have been recruited since Archie left.

5 hours ago, jagfox said:

No issue with him as assistant manager.

Just playing along with the idea that Chick Dung is on the ball with this one.

Could be McCall being made general manager and Archie coming back as head coach. One of Bunter's attributes is he's a good wheeler and dealer in the transfer market plus he's imaginative when arranging player contracts.  Archie often failed to get the signing of targeted players over the line resulting in panic or third fourth choice signings. Probably the only real difference in that scenario as opposed to manager/assistant manager would be McCall wouldn't be in the dug out on matchdays.

• Like 1