Who Will Replace Caldwell?

Semi Nurainen

51 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Archie..... No, not a call to bring him back!

But, almost a year since he got sacked, and no sign of him getting back into the game. Anybody think that he'll get another shot somewhere, or did the spectacular repeated failures after the hazy days of the top six -- the absolute tankings we took then, the terrible signings, the naive belief that long-term injured players would magically make us good again, the lack of motivation in the team when it really mattered -- finish him for good as a manager? 

I'd get rid of Brittain and give the job to Archie.

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Archie..... No, not a call to bring him back!

But, almost a year since he got sacked, and no sign of him getting back into the game. Anybody think that he'll get another shot somewhere, or did the spectacular repeated failures after the hazy days of the top six -- the absolute tankings we took then, the terrible signings, the naive belief that long-term injured players would magically make us good again, the lack of motivation in the team when it really mattered -- finish him for good as a manager? 

Could it also maybe be that if Archie takes on a new gig somewhere it would mean we would have to stop paying him so perhaps he is sitting tight collecting a hassle free wage before thinking of return to management. 

I would take Kenny Miller in a flash.

People have pointed to Caldwell (in my view at times) analytical ability and relative (this is footballers we are talking about) articulacy, which I've always said would suit him for a job in the media. Has problem is that he deosnt seem be able to translate this understanding and analysis into action, hence 'at times' - as some of his substitutions (yesterday was one of the most damning examples) prove, also his preference for unfit, not sharp Hall over either Saunders or O'Ware.

What he clearly lacks is any sort of undesrtanding  of players' psychology, as exemplified by some of his pathetic stunts: dugoutgate, SASgate, and envelopegate ( a variation on the equally pathetic mind game that Rogers tried on a Liverpool), every one of these stunts has backfired abysmally. Footballers may not be geniuses, but they're not daft either and can be quite streetwise, they can see through these mind games for what they are.

Caldwell is clearly simply not cut out for management; the sooner he leaves the better for all.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I would take Kenny Miller in a flash.

People have pointed to Caldwell (in my view at times) analytical ability and relative (this is footballers we are talking about) articulacy, which I've always said would suit him for a job in the media. Has problem is that he deosnt seem be able to translate this understanding and analysis into action, hence 'at times' - as some of his substitutions (yesterday was one of the most damning examples) prove, also his preference for unfit, not sharp Hall over either Saunders or O'Ware.

What he clearly lacks is any sort of undesrtanding  of players' psychology, as exemplified by some of his pathetic stunts: dugoutgate, SASgate, and envelopegate ( a variation on the equally pathetic mind game that Rogers tried on a Liverpool), every one of these stunts has backfired abysmally. Footballers may not be geniuses, but they're not daft either and can be quite streetwise, they can see through these mind games for what they are.

Caldwell is clearly simply not cut out for management; the sooner he leaves the better for all.

I want Caldwell gone. But why would you want Miller in? I don’t think we should confuse him constantly moaning at his team-mates - even for his own mistakes - as leadership. 

25 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I want Caldwell gone. But why would you want Miller in? I don’t think we should confuse him constantly moaning at his team-mates - even for his own mistakes - as leadership. 

I've noticed that, and agree that it was particularly bad yesterday but have interpreted it at times as frustration. Actually I don't know how he managed to stay out of Dallas's book - after the sending offs he was nipping Dallas's ear constantly.

He'd be less bad then Caldwell in my opinion, and I was responding to JJ's post. But I'd consider other options, such as Bunter.

If he goes ( and that is far from certain for many of the reasons stated above ) I'd personally be delighted if McCall came back. Realistically no one else is available with a decent pedigree. I suspect nothing will happen until at least October when we stop paying off the old management team. Of course if the takeover happens before then...change may happen. September a huge month for PTFC. 

21 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Miller wouldn't take it, he is best pals with Caldwell. Chances are he would walk if his mate was p45'd

You may well be correct but there's plenty of occasions when best pals have taken over as manager. 

Can't think of the scenario where this could come about.  A new manager is appointed with Doolan returning as assistant manager. To qualify that it's head before heart as I honestly believe Kris has a lot to offer off the field even if no longer on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We will end of with Kenny Miller until the takeover 

1. We cant afford another Manager 

2, If you look at Beatties last two Management Appointments  Jackie & Archie were from the Playing Squad and they both worked - so he will play safe and do the same again if forced to    

I think this is right .... do you think the takeover will mean more cash in ? I’m not sure 

16 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Alex McLeish, Jimmy Calderwood, Steve Lomas, John Hughes, Gordon Strachan, Craig Brown, Kenny Miller, Barry Smith, Neil McCann, Csaba Laszlo  Jim McIntyre? Plenty to choose from.

I’m in favour of punting Caldwell ASAP but this is maybe the worst list of potential replacements ever suggested. Doesn’t Jimmy Calderwood have Alzheimer’s?