Who Will Replace Caldwell?

Semi Nurainen

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

I think because as we have seen from Caldwell the ability to talk and analyze and say things is not in itself a predictor of football success .....on a wider point interviews for any job have been shown in numerous studies to be very poor at predicting whether someone will be a success in a job .....so we should look at what they have done , the results they have achieved and speak to lots of people who have worked with them to get a rounded view 

Ran out of likes. Speak to the last board they worked with and ask if they did support them with the budget they wanted.

9 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

McCall & Archie according to Chick Young now...

Be good if that happened , huge job to sort out the mess Caldwell has left us with , some of the players just aren’t good enough and we’re stuck with them Mansell and Gordon on 2 year deals for example.

Only remit this season is to try and stay in the league.

20 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

McCall & Archie according to Chick Young now...

I wouldn't be against that, if it was Archie on his own i would say no chance but both together then yes. The only problem is the weirdness of Archie coming back and being McCalls number 2...that sounds or surely would feel weird for Archie and the players no?

2 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

You wouldn't fancy Bunter back, Barney?

If Chick Young says it's happening, then I'm inclined to believe it won't happen.

But to give a serious answer to your serious question SN - I'm ambivalent about iMac. There is no doubt he loves the club, which is a factor. However is he tainted goods? Others who may be closer to the Board may be able to give a more informed opinion. If he's up for it and the Board are up for it, then I would regard him as a credible option. I'd rather is wasn't Archie though, on the basis that is too soon after he left us in a mess (and he did). Maybe in five years time?

I find it ironic that two years ago Owen Coyle wouldn't have got up Maryhill Road given our status at that point. 

Now - within two years = we may well be toxic as a career option for a player or manager.

9 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I wouldn't be against that, if it was Archie on his own i would say no chance but both together then yes. The only problem is the weirdness of Archie coming back and being McCalls number 2...that sounds or surely would feel weird for Archie and the players no?

True but only really Bannigan and TOW who were senior players under Archibald.

Both were rubbish today unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

If Chick Young says it's happening, then I'm inclined to believe it won't happen.

But to give a serious answer to your serious question SN - I'm ambivalent about iMac. There is no doubt he loves the club, which is a factor. However is he tainted goods? Others who may be closer to the Board may be able to give a more informed opinion. If he's up for it and the Board are up for it, then I would regard him as a credible option. I'd rather is wasn't Archie though, on the basis that is too soon after he left us in a mess (and he did). Maybe in five years time?

I find it ironic that two years ago Owen Coyle wouldn't have got up Maryhill Road given our status at that point. 

Now - within two years = we may well be toxic as a career option for a player or manager.

Archie back ..., eh no ..., there is no evidence from his late period he ever learned from his mistakes ... let’s all remember the dross he signed last season as well 

5 minutes ago, jagfox said:

No issue with him as assistsnt manager.

I think the critical issue would be Archie accepting a role as Assistant Manager at a club where he has been behind that club's highest achievement this century to date.

Thinking about it further, would a new manager want Archie as his his assistant given the above?

It's far too soon for Archie.

Edited by Barney Rubble