Who Will Replace Caldwell?

Semi Nurainen

5 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Listening to Scott Allison he seems to think we will have a new manager in very soon. I really feel he speaks well, no bull and would like to see him getting a position in the new managerial set up for the first team.

The Daily Record interview with McCall says that Neil Scally would be coming from Ayr with him. We'll end up with a committee of managers.

Edited by scotty

7 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Listening to Scott Allison he seems to think we will have a new manager in very soon. I really feel he speaks well, no bull and would like to see him getting a position in the new managerial set up for the first team.

Both of his recent interviews have been excellent. Very impressed.

9 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Just playing along with the idea that Chick Dung is on the ball with this one.

Could be McCall being made general manager and Archie coming back as head coach. One of Bunter's attributes is he's a good wheeler and dealer in the transfer market plus he's imaginative when arranging player contracts.  Archie often failed to get the signing of targeted players over the line resulting in panic or third fourth choice signings. Probably the only real difference in that scenario as opposed to manager/assistant manager would be McCall wouldn't be in the dug out on matchdays.

This is perceptive. I can see us starting with a manager/assistant manager arrangement before moving to one where McCall has a director of football role, with Archie as head coach. 

Just now, p12tfc said:

Would be delighted with McCall and Archie. Archie taking over again in a few years

Hopefully with better contacts and not just going for any agent looking to punt their English lower league players- to me that was his major weakness, while he had a lot of positives, he did struggle badly in the transfer market 

Has he said yes yet?! Come on, I couldn’t sleep last night for thinking about it, the tensions going to kill me today...... Come on, Ian, you know you want to complete unfinished business at Firhill.... 

regarding Lennon, did he want the job but backed out when he heard McCall was our (first?) choice........?

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Hopefully with better contacts and not just going for any agent looking to punt their English lower league players- to me that was his major weakness, while he had a lot of positives, he did struggle badly in the transfer market 

I think if what Gnome on the Bing suggests comes off then McCall would have a big say in which players come in and over the years that has been one of his strengths. That of course depends on McCall deciding he wants the job in the first place.

McCall’s comments a few weeks back about his Ayr team winning at Firhill:

”Ayr United is a fantastic club but we shouldn’t be coming to Firhill and winning 4 on the bounce.”

We were 2-1 up against his Ayr side (playing the better football also) when Dallas sent off Gordon. 

McCall isn’t daft. He knows the squad far from perfect but could potentially be playing Ayr in a play off match if the right man in charge & able to get best out of a settled team & system between now & season end. 

I’ve heard the same as a few other folk that McCall (& Scally) to be unveiled tomorrow as already agreed the deal. Let’s wait & see.

Edited to add, was told Lennon approached at same time as McCall but McCall was/is first choice. Only a guess but think DL knew that & as soon as McCall approach made public Clyde announced new deal. That all sounds too good to be true to be done as quickly as was with DL. & if DL was interested in sure it would’ve happened.

Edited by Trotter

8 hours ago, Gnome on the Bing said:

This is perceptive. I can see us starting with a manager/assistant manager arrangement before moving to one where McCall has a director of football role, with Archie as head coach. 

Just what is a director of football, especially at a club of the size of ours? Seems to be they do nothing until they start to interfere in the picking of the team and then it's all criticism.

8 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Someone on the Ayr thread on P&B saying McCall has signed a 3 year deal with us. Let's hope so.

Hope that’s true, if it is , can’t see any takeover happening, no chance Ian McCall would put up with someone telling him to play Barnsley reserve players.

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Hope that’s true, if it is , can’t see any takeover happening, no chance Ian McCall would put up with someone telling him to play Barnsley reserve players.

I'm beginning to think that's why Beattie moved so quick this week. Thid takeover could be in trouble and he has said, bugger it, I need to act now.

23 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Someone on the Ayr thread on P&B saying McCall has signed a 3 year deal with us. Let's hope so.

Ayr supporters on P & B virtually unanimous that he's going (along with Doolan and Murdoch and Scally), to the extent they're now deliberating who should succeed him. Back story of Bunter not being given enough dosh (which they seem to think is the case).

Hope they're right, but it's not in the bag until it's in the bag … and it's not in the bag yet.

2 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Ayr supporters on P & B virtually unanimous that he's going (along with Doolan and Murdoch and Scally), to the extent they're now deliberating who should succeed him. Back story of Bunter not being given enough dosh (which they seem to think is the case).

Hope they're right, but it's not in the bag until it's in the bag … and it's not in the bag yet.

Doolan and Murdoch? Who's Murdoch.