Thistle Legends v Maryhill Juniors Sun 1 Sept 2pm

flashman

Result 3-1 to the old Jags.

Goals from Caldwell and Marko Roberts (2). Maryhill's  goal was a penalty.

Our players were - Arthur ,Craigen, Maxwell, Lennon, Caldwell, Irons, Rowson, McKinstray, Roberts, Twaddle, & Britton.

Davy Elliott played in the second half, McCall was in attendance but didn't play and Craig Hinchcliff was listed but I didn't see him.

Soma still looking lithe and fit - Lennon, Roberts, Rowson and Irons, one or two gone a bit to seed - Elliott and Banjo, with the rest carrying a wee bit of weight but not too bad.

A bit of fun in the sun, but a pity that weren't more Jags fans there.

Edited by Rid Skwerr
Spelling
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, scotty said:

No sign of him. Though he could have been in the bar with McCall. :(

No they weren't in the bar. I conscientiously checked that out. :D

Amazed by the fitness of Danny (two games in a week), Rowser and Marco (played a sort of box to box midfielder for much of the match). Altho' many of us will already know that Davie Irons was always super fit, it's still incredible to see a 58 year old play 90 minutes of football. Enjoyable day.

A great day out at the fitbaw. Totally stress free, and well worth the fiver admission just to see the Hoor one more time. THIS Thistle side knew how to hold onto the lead they opened up. 

McCall went to my brother, who was jointly organising the event, about 10 minutes before kick off to tell him he wouldn't be playing. Our Jeff reckons the fag in one hand and pint in the other alleviated the need for the conversation.

I'd still have McCall back in the manager's job in a second.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That starting team with everyone playing at their peak would just about have the beating of most teams in Scotland today.

Arthur

Banjo-Craigan-Maxwell-Twaddle

Rowson-Caldwell-Irons

Lennon

Roberts Britton

OK, could've done with a bit more width but we wouldn't have lost many goals thru the middle :)

Not sure about the boy Caldwell at the back 

17 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Had to laugh yesterday during the game. Caldwell was playing down the right wing for a spell when I overheard a Jags fan yell out "Christ, Gary, you're even playing yourself out of position!!!" :D 

Class! Just what I like about junior football - there's no hiding place for players or officials, you can hear every word from the terracing!

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

:D

Well I trust I've quoted you correctly, BJ.  And a pity (on my part at least) I didn't get to spend some time in your company. :thumbsup2:

You've actually quoted me favourably. The bit before "Caldwell" might've attracted unwanted attention from eg G4S in a setting other than Lochburn. :)

Would've been nice to meet you too. I'm sure the opportunity will arise in the not too distant future. :thumbsup2: