Bannigan and O’Ware told to leave?

king of spain

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

If this is true - and sadly I expect it is - Caldwell can get to **** right now.

Erskine, Doolan, Bannigan, O'Ware  - there's the pattern.

Read it for yourselves .

Craig Slater - a very good player and a very decent human being - hasn't a chance under this fud..

Caldwell is a fraud - time to empty him now.

If I was Banzo or O’ware, I would sit tight , Caldwell is on borrowed time , as you all know never been a fan , ripped the arse out of our Club , don’t even think he is polarising opinion anymore.

5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

If this is true - and sadly I expect it is - Caldwell can get to **** right now.

Read it for yourselves .

Craig Slater - a very good player and a very decent human being - hasn't a chance under this fud..

I thought slater is recovering from an operation?

agree about oware but for me the banzo this season is just a liability sadly 

Just now, Third Lanark said:

I thought slater is recovering from an operation?

agree about oware but for me the banzo this season is just a liability sadly 

Going to defend Banzo a bit , Caldwell has put him in a defensive midfield role , put 2 midfielders round about him Palmer and Gordon who haven’t even played 20 first team games between them so I can see how he’s been struggling.

Got to agree he has been poor but there is slightly mitigating circumstances 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Read it for yourselves .

If it is true - i totally agree. 

The pattern seems to be anyone with a bit of attitude , ie  disagrees/ questions Caldwell  , get binned.

I really hope this is nonsense. Banzo getting a lot of unfair criticism imo. He never hides so you notice him more than most. We’ll miss him if he does go.

Also tam deserves a shot. I thought he was our best player at the start of last season. He’s not really had a go this season. In a team apparently devoid of leaders he should get a chance to be one of the leaders.

32 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Read it for yourselves .

I've always thought there was a really great player in Slater waiting to get out.

I hope he recovers and returns to play great football under whichever manager is in charge at that time (hopefully not the present incumbent).

AS JJ said, you can explain any individual instance (after a fashion), but the pattern in abundantly clear on and off the park.

Edited by Semi Nurainen
usual typo!

11 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Is your number one loyalty to Partick Thistle rather than Gary Caldwell?

If yes, Gary wants you out and will (typically) replace you with someone whose priority is themselves.

He is ripping apart the soul of this club.

Dry your eyes FFS. You are the biggest bleeding heart on here and P&B. I'm convinced Gary Caldwell wants PTFC to win football matches and I wouldn't care what players he does it with, as long as he does it. Too many players like Bannigan and Erskine picking up easy wages as fan favourites. The only "soul" this club should have is trying to win.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I've always thought there was a really great player in Slater waiting to get out.

I hope he recovers and returns to play great football under whichever manager is in charge at that time (hopefully not the present incumbent).

AS JJ said, you can explain any individual instance (after a fashion), but the pattern in abundantly clear on and off the park.

I agree Slater a decent player and hope he is staying. I dont  think he is going but much confusion at the moment. Much will depend on who if any is coming in. GC last roll of the dice it appears. Nb if the bannigan/oware rumour is true it must relate to the morton game not the events of yesterday. 

41 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

For me banzo has sadly regressed completely understandable since his injury but has been a liability this season and probably not cheap.

gutthed if oware is leaving for me he is born leader.

worried at first about Penrice rumour but heard player says it’s a load of rubbish 

Getting away from the fact that Caldwell is clearly unable to get on well with people and, if this is true further reinforces why he shouldn't be managing us, I really need to pick you up on this

Can you explain how Bannigan has been a liability apart from his red card? He wasn't great first half at Alloa but apart from that has been comfortably our best midfielder this year. I shudder to think what we would be like in the middle if it wasn't for him

O'Ware meanwhile has played about 10 games or so for the club, never excelled when playint and yet you refer to him as a born leader and appear to care more about him being forced out than a guy who has given his career to the club.

Caldwell has fallen out with a lot of players since joining the club, to me it's pretty clear the problem is him 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Derby Jag said:

Getting away from the fact that Caldwell is clearly unable to get on well with people and, if this is true further reinforces why he shouldn't be managing us, I really need to pick you up on this

Can you explain how Bannigan has been a liability apart from his red card? He wasn't great first half at Alloa but apart from that has been comfortably our best midfielder this year. I shudder to think what we would be like in the middle if it wasn't for him

O'Ware meanwhile has played about 10 games or so for the club, never excelled when playint and yet you refer to him as a born leader and appear to care more about him being forced out than a guy who has given his career to the club.

Caldwell has fallen out with a lot of players since joining the club, to me it's pretty clear the problem is him 

Clyde own goal- too many times in other games his decision making and passing has been terrible- at least once a game he generally passes straight to an opposition player in our half that puts us completely under unnecessary pressure- he is not alone of course- but I feel his length of time at the club means fans are probably less keen to criticise him which is understandably- but this season for me he has been very very poor 

I had heard a couple of weeks ago that Morton wanted O'Ware back. Bannigan didn't look happy getting subbed against Morton and the after goal celebrations all give this a degree of believability.

Bannigan and O'Ware are 2 guys you should build a team around at this level. They are clearly good enough to be playing at the top of championship and they are young enough to be hitting their peak over the next 3 seasons.

Hall and Saunders are not as good as O'Ware and even if Slater was fit he isn't as good as Bannigan. So its hard to see how these 2 leaving strengthen the squad which was largely the excuse for letting Erskine and Doolan go.

I think McCall was trying to tell us something when he said it that Ayr shouldn't be going to Firhill and winning 4 in a row. I think McCall is more aware of whats going on in our dressing room than us and knows its just wrong.

If it happens its difficult to see how anyone can defend Caldwell as its starting to feel like the pattern Chesterfield and Wigan fans identified.

• Like 2

I think people forget Banzo was playing for next to nothing when Archie gave him his 'prove your fitness' short term contract

He was actually our best player in the horrible start to last season before Caldwell arrived

The lack of a defensive midfielder and a disregard for shape has shown Bannigan in a bad light this season because he has been doing multiple roles and has been horribly exposed

Banzo would get a game for most teams in the division and I cannot think of a team in our division that O'Ware would not improve 

Edited by jaf
  • Like 1

Logically speaking - given we are at the end on a transfer window and perhaps still 2 players short of a full squad, asking 2 players to leave who in my opinion want to play and contribute to a successful Thistle team seems short sighted and will leave us unable to replace the quality lost.  Resulting in 4 players short.

Im not one to bang the “Caldwell out” drum however if this is true and plays out this way it seems “healthier” for the club as a whole to bring someone else in who knows how to work with strong personalities within a dressing room. We have a good squad who seem to fall into losing games from winning positions - in my opinion thats more about tactics and game management than the ability of the players on the park.

will be absolutely gutted if this plays out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently Caldwell said at the Maryhill game that there's two players coming in tomorrow. So, looks like two in, two out.

This is last chance saloon for the manager. If he's out the door of Firhill in a couple of weeks, he's going nowhere else. This is a guy who applied for the Scotland job. It's hardly surprising he's going for broke.

To be honest, I'm not too concerned about losing Bannigan or O'Ware, but the message is clearly that there's, at the very least, a divergence of opinion within the club on the best way forward. 

I get why people think that the two of them will be a loss, but I'm not so sure. Kind of depends who replaces them.

There's a jokeabout the soldiers who would follow their officer anywhere, but only out of a sense of morbid curiosity. Seems apposite here. Can't help feeling a sense of morbid curiosity about what happens next.

23 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Dry your eyes FFS. You are the biggest bleeding heart on here and P&B. I'm convinced Gary Caldwell wants PTFC to win football matches and I wouldn't care what players he does it with, as long as he does it. Too many players like Bannigan and Erskine picking up easy wages as fan favourites. The only "soul" this club should have is trying to win.

Caldwell isn’t winning football matches , so on that premise he’s not very good at his job

27 minutes ago, milhouse said:

What a miserable attitude to have.

• Thanks 1