Bannigan and O’Ware told to leave?

king of spain

As shit a manager as Caldwell as, not giving him credit for signing McDonald because he is Caldwell’s pal is stupid, as all that matters is he dose his job.

If this is true about O’ware and Bannigan then it’s a real worry, as pish as Banzo has been I still think in the right set up he could be really good. Also I think O’ware is possible future captain and we should be keeping him at all costs. Very worrying times.

13 minutes ago, That 1 jags fan said:

As shit a manager as Caldwell as, not giving him credit for signing McDonald because he is Caldwell’s pal is stupid, as all that matters is he dose his job.

If this is true about O’ware and Bannigan then it’s a real worry, as pish as Banzo has been I still think in the right set up he could be really good. Also I think O’ware is possible future captain and we should be keeping him at all costs. Very worrying times.

Makes no sense , two of our better players who should still be improving and coming to the peak of the careers ( both 26 ) , whether they’ve played at their best this season is debatable they’ve both already proved they can easily play at this level and be good players.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

If this is all true why leave it to the last day of the transfer window ??? Who the feck is he bringing in to replace them??

Or, if they cant get moves and he is left with two players who he doesn't want, and who presumably under his tenure, no longer want to be here - nightmare!

• Like 1

Just now, javeajag said:

Well not really .... there is the financial aspect for example .... and you would have thought these things are discussed between the three of them ... 

Totally agree, at least Britton and GC, whether Beattie is involved probably depends on the autonomy Britton has been given.  

I'd have thought that the financial aspect would be important when bringing players in, or where you're selling,  like the Fitzpatrick situation. But where we're just talking about players that the manager wants out (assuming that is the situation) I'd have thought the manager has to have control. The others surely can't insist that the manager retains players that he doesn't want.

Edited by allyo

1 minute ago, allyo said:

I'd have thought that the financial aspect would be important when bringing players in, or where you're selling,  like the Fitzpatrick situation. But where we're just talking about players that the manager wants out (assuming that is the situation) is have thought he has to have control. The others surely can't insist that the manager retrains players that he doesn't want.

On that scenario yes but you would still want your CEO to double check the thinking but as I understood it it’s 2/3 out tomorrow and 2 in so I would expect the CEO to be involved and sanction it 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

On that scenario yes but you would still want your CEO to double check the thinking but as I understood it it’s 2/3 out tomorrow and 2 in so I would expect the CEO to be involved and sanction it 

Yes, I suppose numbers in and numbers out is a CEO issue.

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

It’s the managers right to choose the players he wants in his squad. So if he has decided that Banzo and O’Ware aren’t going to figure in his plans, AND he has better players coming in, we can’t moan about it.

But the timing does seem odd.

I Suppose we’ll find out tomorrow.

Completely agree col - is it actually the end of the transfer market tomorrow?

Unlike some on here I am not and never have been in the know. All the rumours I get is what I read on this forum. What I can make out is Caldwell's  style of management is it is his way or the highway. If you are a good manager and get results that is fine, but so far he hasn't got the results to have that attitude. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Banzo had 2 or 3 brilliant passes to Zanatta yesterday 

Nobody else can actually pass the ball.

Was making that point earlier today. Zanatta was excellent till he tired but he might only have looked promising if he hadn't seen so much of the ball. It was largely Bannigan that was supplying him. From what I've seen of Dario he's a player you don't want going looking for the ball. you want to get it to him. Apart from Bannigan (and perhaps Slater) we're not exactly gifted with players that can pass the ball quickly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Banzo had 2 or 3 brilliant passes to Zanatta yesterday 

Nobody else can actually pass the ball.

God knows what’s happened but Caldwell needs to go back to these 2 ‘cap in hand’,get them playing better and explaining why he had a go at then.

This is exactly what I was getting at yesterday. Bannigan is the only fit midfielder we have with any sort of vision and passjng ability.

I thought we saw the best performance by Bannigan this year (until his silly red card) and a lot of that was down to having Zanatta take up good positions. 

If that is the last we see of Bannigan (and O'Ware) it would be disgraceful from a footballing as well as sentimental point of view

I know we are all saying zanatta played brilliant due to bannigan, but for our second goal it was actually a mixture of Ben Hall beating 2, maybe 3 players and Shea Gordon releasing the ball quickly to zanatta that got it going. I think as long as we get a defensive mid/ holding mid and slater when slater gets back to fitness we should be good IF bannigan goes 

just my opinion 

While I am in no way condoning the action and feel there should be a solution that can accommodate Banzo and Tam in the team, if Caldwell has identified them as part of the problem, he has the right to make the changes he thinks necessary. However if this happens, he will live or die on the results and if they don't improve, he will be under extreme pressure.

That said, if we now win the next 5 in a row, will all those criticising him now be man enough to give credit for what must be a brave decision ? I hope I will. 

20 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

While I am in no way condoning the action and feel there should be a solution that can accommodate Banzo and Tam in the team, if Caldwell has identified them as part of the problem, he has the right to make the changes he thinks necessary. However if this happens, he will live or die on the results and if they don't improve, he will be under extreme pressure.

That said, if we now win the next 5 in a row, will all those criticising him now be man enough to give credit for what must be a brave decision ? I hope I will. 

I think you are right - and I would like to think I will admit it - although its hard to compare because he has not been playing O'Ware of late so we don't know whether we would improve just by sticking him back in the team!

I also think, we may win the next 5 games, but whether the decision is correct would be judged over a longer period depending on both our performances, and those of the players released.

14 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If he lets contracted players leave below their market value, I'd still be critical of him. But to go on a winning streak like you describe would almost certainly require both a unity within the squad and a respect/belief in their manager. So I would certainly be giving him credit for turning that around.